Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Yep I’ve long since accepted that we‘ll never have an imposing atmosphere with the majority of vocal blues in SS1. Even if those with season tickets there agree (which I’m sure they don’t), I don’t think there would be much appetite to move, as its their home, it‘s close to away fans and it’s noisy enough, it just simply doesn’t travel.
I think there's plenty of singers around the ground, who would potentially move to a new North Stand?

I just have a hard time believing that we have 3k singers at every away game, 9k singing their hearts out at spurs earlier this season and 30k people singing at Wembley last year.

However, at home the most we can come up with is a few hundred behind the goal and another few hundred in the corner.

I think there's plenty of singers around the ground, who would potentially move to a new North Stand?

I just have a hard time believing that we have 3k singers at every away game, 9k singing their hearts out at spurs earlier this season and 30k people singing at Wembley last year.

However, at home the most we can come up with is a few hundred behind the goal and another few hundred in the corner.
If loud enough like they have at times this season mostly coming from south level 3 you do see pockets of all stands of the ground standing up and chanting with a more vocal support “Proper home end” im pretty sure it can improve English football doesn’t have the culture to be consistent singing but we can get it at a decent level every game

That was Fuckin shit. The newcastle fans were fucking brilliant. 2 nil down and they were having a better time than us they never stoped singing all game and were very loud.I was looking around at our fans everyone sat with a miserable faces on them looking at there phones. Tried to get chants going but i just got looked at as if I was a complete wrongun. The atmosphere has been worse than it's ever been. Doesn't matter about having a singing end you need the right people in that end to sing. I had a good look around our fan's today and I might piss people of here but we have alot of old and middle aged posh fans. These fans dont want to open there mouths or clap there hands as they dont want to look like a dick. Is it really that hard to sing or even clap your hands fuck me. Might as well stay at home and watch it on tv. I was actually hoping newcastle would score just to wake our fans up a bit jesus christ.
Bo**ocks. Superb in 111 and throughout the bottom tier along thr South Stand

I was sat in north stand level 2 today. I actually thought it was quite loud in spells. There was a couple of times when most of the stadium joined in, which rarely happens for league games.

I also think having all of south stand level 1 made a difference as I could finally hear what was being sung. The Newcastle fans were very loud at times, but they will be stood under the roof.

What’s clear is that we need a proper home end. Surely the club can see that.

Last edited:
That was Fuckin shit. The newcastle fans were fucking brilliant. 2 nil down and they were having a better time than us they never stoped singing all game and were very loud.I was looking around at our fans everyone sat with a miserable faces on them looking at there phones. Tried to get chants going but i just got looked at as if I was a complete wrongun. The atmosphere has been worse than it's ever been. Doesn't matter about having a singing end you need the right people in that end to sing. I had a good look around our fan's today and I might piss people of here but we have alot of old and middle aged posh fans. These fans dont want to open there mouths or clap there hands as they dont want to look like a dick. Is it really that hard to sing or even clap your hands fuck me. Might as well stay at home and watch it on tv. I was actually hoping newcastle would score just to wake our fans up a bit jesus christ.
Lol

Let’s hope so. I understand 1894 won’t be backing a move to the North Stand as the club are pressing ahead with corporate areas there instead of prioritising atmosphere. It would be amazing though if other Blues moved there and we had some atmosphere at both ends. That’s always what we’ve needed. A lot can happen between now and then, but as things stand I’ll be staying in SSL3, hopefully that can continue to grow as a vocal stand as well.

Not great tonight, but was never going to be. Newcastle were loud, but nothing special. Any team given 8000 away allocation would have made just as much noise as them.

These games are the biggest giveaway that the North Stand should be a new home end. Unfortunately SS1 isn't able to compete in games like this, and if I'm perfectly honest it's not even a home end.

Anyway onwards and upwards, Arsenal and Mardrid will both be electric!

3/10
Honestly we couldn't hear the geordies from my seat/stand in 120 bar one song early on.

SS1 was quiet bar pockets in the corner 118/119.

Still on the north stand, I have zero interest in moving there and if the club tried to move us then thats another 30+year season ticket holder porentially lost as I would consider jacking it in.

Honestly we couldn't hear the geordies from my seat/stand in 120 bar one song early on.

SS1 was quiet bar pockets in the corner 118/119.

Still on the north stand, I have zero interest in moving there and if the club tried to move us then thats another 30+year season ticket holder porentially lost as I would consider jacking it in.
I doubt you would have to move there. The south stand is staying as it is.

If I went to a game, never stopped singing and lost 2-0 I'd be fucking miserable. To each his or her own.

If you want to sing, sing. If you don't, don't.

Why people think they have the right to dictate to others what they should do at a game is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.