Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I’m watching the biggest match in English football. Arf! United fans singing, but only their singing section. Liverpool haven’t sung at all until they scored. We don’t need to beat ourselves up about our atmosphere at the Etihad, honestly.
This is spot on.

Some blues on this thread seem to form their opinions on atmospheres directly from the nonsense spouted by commentators on any given match.

I don’t get to many away games these days but I’ve been to some pretty big games at Anfield notably the CL defeat and the 3-2 defeat in the 2014 run in and the atmosphere those times was not as good as the special days at the Etihad. And obviously it’s the dippers’ cup final when we go there so the atmosphere is always much better against us than for their other home games.

In the eyes of the media Newcastle have become the new dippers, no idea why. Probably cos it fits an imagined lefty media stereotype - put upon working class northerners passionately support their home town club cos it’s the only spark of light in their horrible lives. They’re a small club in standing and in attitude and their usually piss poor atmosphere reflects this.

Everton too in the ordinarily funereal Goodison Park are praised to the rafters for the occasional bit of vocal support. Is that just another sympathy vote ?

I speak with no experience of Leeds having not been there since 1987 but for me watching an admittedly small sample of their games on tv they probably have the most consistently vocal fans in the league when they’re in it. But again maybe they’re a bit giddy to be in the top flight so they would be loud, who knows

I want to move my seat to SSL1 or kippax 109,110,111 etc to sing and stand again as I've been at the back of SSL3. I look every year and there is never any availability in those areas yet see tourists there every week.

Are 1894 or anyone arranging with the club to get more singers there?

I'm moving anywhere I can anyway. Can't cope with SSL3 as it's just too high up and I can't see fuck all. (Fuck off BMR it's not my Shipman glasses)
I don't know how relocations will work after renewals end but assuming you can move anywhere, you can use this to see beforehand where there is availability:

1894 are however trying to get more singers in SS3 and want the club to introduce safe standing in 314 and 315

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.