Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Real Madrid didn't sell their full allocation which made it all the more annoying that there were RM fans in the home areas.
Before European matches myself and my son would often go to La Viña, a Spanish restaurant on Deansgate. If we were playing Real Madrid, most of the staff on duty would be Barca supporters as the Real Madrid fans were going to the match. If City were playing Barcelona, the staff would be largely Real supporters. Either way they would all wish City the best of luck.

I do recall one match where the away end was half empty and there were loads more visiting fans in the home end. We were told that was due to rip off ticket prices or restrictions on sale from Spanish end?

Before European matches myself and my son would often go to La Viña, a Spanish restaurant on Deansgate. If we were playing Real Madrid, most of the staff on duty would be Barca supporters as the Real Madrid fans were going to the match. If City were playing Barcelona, the staff would be largely Real supporters. Either way they would all wish City the best of luck.

I do recall one match where the away end was half empty and there were loads more visiting fans in the home end. We were told that was due to rip off ticket prices or restrictions on sale from Spanish end?

spanish teams are notorious for poor away support.

i missed the semi final under pellegrini but the other games I've been I don't recall Madrid having a good support

Waste of time then at Wembley.
Yep, it’s at the back of the lower tier when a lot of other previous singing sections organised by 1894 have been at the front of the lower tier, so whilst not totally ideal (as like you’ve said in the past most songs get going better if started in the upper tier), I do think it’s better than being right at the front. If enough sign up for it and they all join in then it should have some effect.

Scream and shout for every decision, get behind the blues, sing your heart out!

We have a duty versus Arsenal to get the team going, sing louder if we go behind, we must fight in the stands

The atmosphere against Arsenal last season in my opinion was the best we had in the league. The entire ground was bouncing. We need that on Sunday.
All depends on how the game goes for me. If we get an early goal the place will be rocking. If it stays 0-0 or we go behind, nerves and tension tend to creep in. Ironically that’s the time the team need us the most. Here’s hoping for a loud and proud Etihad atmosphere!

All depends on how the game goes for me. If we get an early goal the place will be rocking. If it stays 0-0 or we go behind, nerves and tension tend to creep in. Ironically that’s the time the team need us the most. Here’s hoping for a loud and proud Etihad atmosphere!
It could be close and tricky ( remember Leicester ) so we need to be really supportive and intense in the most difficult moments.

95 minutes of intensity !!

spanish teams are notorious for poor away support.

i missed the semi final under pellegrini but the other games I've been I don't recall Madrid having a good support
The game against Villareal in our first season in the Champs League (and our first actual victory in the competition) was a good case in point where they brought very few away fans. It was the only City game against a Spanish side in the Champions League I've been to and from memory they didn't have any of the usual away end but had some seats in a block in the Colin Bell stand ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.