Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Don’t know if anyone listened to the Bluemoon podcast week. The Luton fan previewing the game was asked what could City expect at Kenilworth Rd. “A lot of noise and an atmosphere” he said and he went on to relate how “absolutely terrible “ the atmosphere was at every PL ground he’d been to this season.

Nice chap he was and I kind of felt sorry for him. He and his club have been on this amazing journey over the last few years with the elusive prize of the PL at the end of the rainbow - and he finally gets here expecting it to be amazing and he realises it’s sanitised shite.

The PL have stolen our game. We’re suckers. They’ve used our money to line their pockets and those of the players and taken away all the fun.

I used to mock a couple of lads I knew who went down the FC United path, I thought they were mental. Tbh if City had an equivalent now I’d probably do the same.
Behave for ffs

Normally I try to avoid Radio 5 and listen to the City website for commentary. However today as I was driving home from work and was listening to the pre match stuff on 5 live. At one point they were talking about how much Luton fans get behind their team and said 'as you can hear in the background'.
Luton fans may well get behind their team but I did feel the songs I could hear from them were strange choices....'Champions again ole,ole' and 'Blue Moon'.
This has nothing to do with media bias btw, just it made the presenters sound a bit silly!!!
Really does make you wonder how they find these people. I took my 5 year old nephew to his first match the other week vs Leipzig and even he was able to identify which set of fans was singing at a given point.

My question is when we were singing about Alvarez and Istanbul for the last 10 minutes straight, did those commentators think Luton were chanting?

Cheeky bastards, were they singing "Champions of the conference you're going to sing that' ?

Really does make you wonder how they find these people. I took my 5 year old nephew to his first match the other week vs Leipzig and even he was able to identify which set of fans was singing at a given point.

My question is when we were singing about Alvarez and Istanbul for the last 10 minutes straight, did those commentators think Luton were chanting?

I find this with the radio the city fans can be heard loud and clear bu the minute the home team sings they are best fans in the world.

packed in the away games this season, i find travelling has got far worse. I miss the away days and full respect to the fans that put up with the horrendous travel issues whether it be car or train or bus. Also the atmosphere was 50 / 50 at away games, i have been to one this year burnley which was excellent

Luton did sound good yesterday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.