Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Should be a good atmosphere today , 6k Huddersfield fans having a day out , they will be noisy and cocky and will attempt to take the piss its standard for the lower league underdogs , and to be fair we did it many times in our sojourns throughout the lower leagues.
If KDB , Haaland and Doku start i am backing another 10-1 ,the alternative is if they do not start , we begin the game slowly then Huddersfield to take an early lead their fans go into delirium and then we grind them down and win 3-1 or 4-1.
Then we can look forward to drawing Wigan in the fourth round tomorrow , we owe them in the FA Cup :)
Fairly ambivalent about Wigan as they are certainly our cup bogie team, but we owe them massively for their contribution to our title win in 2012. 8 points behind the rags with 5 to play going into the West Brom match Wigan beat the rags against all odds. Suddenly its 5 behind with the rags to come to ours suddenly its back on again. So thanks Wigan, can you you do it again tomorrow please.

Should be a good atmosphere today , 6k Huddersfield fans having a day out , they will be noisy and cocky and will attempt to take the piss its standard for the lower league underdogs , and to be fair we did it many times in our sojourns throughout the lower leagues.
If KDB , Haaland and Doku start i am backing another 10-1 ,the alternative is if they do not start , we begin the game slowly then Huddersfield to take an early lead their fans go into delirium and then we grind them down and win 3-1 or 4-1.
Then we can look forward to drawing Wigan in the fourth round tomorrow , we owe them in the FA Cup :)

No Haaland, sadly.. KDB and Doku on the bench.

GDPbDEIWYAAzJc4.jpeg

Solid defence and a midfield that has some squad players given an opportunity to shine , ideal selection for a early round cup game , very strong bench , Haaland is now becoming a worry he has been out a few weeks is the injury more serious than the club are telling us ?
Hope KDB & Doku get on the pitch , pleased Oscar Bobb has got a start he has impressed in his cameo appearances one for our very bright future.

Solid defence and a midfield that has some squad players given an opportunity to shine , ideal selection for a early round cup game , very strong bench , Haaland is now becoming a worry he has been out a few weeks is the injury more serious than the club are telling us ?
Hope KDB & Doku get on the pitch , pleased Oscar Bobb has got a start he has impressed in his cameo appearances one for our very bright future.

Definitely, otherwise Haaland would be fit and playing by now. An injury that wasn't to be so bad initially, has turned out to be more serious than most of us ever thought it was.

Definitely, otherwise Haaland would be fit and playing by now. An injury that wasn't to be so bad initially, has turned out to be more serious than most of us ever thought it was.
The only comment i have heard is a "bone" injury , that is usually serious , the lack of detail is the worrying thing , maybe he can be patched up for the rest of the season , not ideal and i think that his injury record at Dortmund was down to being rushed back from injury.
He has become a talisman for our team and just his presence on the pitch is a massive boost.

Yes it makes sense that he could've had a stress fracture (more of a medical term for a stressed bone) which case that can take a much longer time.

Huddersfield fans about as small-time as I've seen. Didn't sing any songs about themselves or their players, it was all football in a library and shall we sing a song for you.

Our atmosphere was okay considering the game and definitely picked up in the 2nd half, not quite to the level that it did against Sheffield last week though.

I really do think games like this provide a solid argument for the extension to be an atmospheric end. When Huddersfield actually decided to sing (Not very often), they were louder than our fans in SS1 ever are. It's just the acoustics.

Overall I'd say 6/10

Huddersfield fans were shit considering how many there were and how they can’t have gone with any real expectations of winning, and our fans were fairly decent considering there was no jeopardy and it was a bit of a stroll.

I also went to Stamford Bridge yesterday in the Preston end and it was a good demonstration of how shit home fans can be when they’re much better than the visitors. Not a peep from them apart from celebrating their goals whereas Preston’s support was non-stop and loud - far better than Huddersfield today in similar circumstances.

We might complain about how quiet we are sometimes but we’re by no means as bad as some.

Huddersfield fans were shit. 8,000 there, half of them sat down could only sing lower league standard fare about football in a library. Granted top tier can’t hear lower in the SS, but I was in Family Stand today and City made more noise than they did. Some right cocky little pricks amongst them as well, there’s a video doing the rounds of a City kid who’s taken a right smack off one of them on the tram.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.