Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Not sure if those saying the atmosphere was great went, but I did and I thought it was utterly diabolical.

Make any excuse you want, from game timing to real fans being priced out. There were mostly proper city fans everywhere I looked, and as usual almost none of them could be arsed to even crack a fart let alone open their gobs and sing. I'm not even going to get onto the early leavers, that's another debate.

Fact is, we have now become spoilt as fans. There is no excitement in games like tonight. People turn up, expect to win, sit and chat with their chums, complain that we conceded a late goal (those that stayed to see it), then fuck off home ready to do it all again next time around.

Many would honestly prefer we were shit again, then at least games like tonight would be, if nothing else, exciting.

We really are no longer the best fans in the land and all the world. We have become everything we hated about those red c*nts in stretford when it comes to match day engagement.
I mostly agree with the above but i'm in 116 and at least we have some atmosphere.

Not sure if those saying the atmosphere was great went, but I did and I thought it was utterly diabolical.

Make any excuse you want, from game timing to real fans being priced out. There were mostly proper city fans everywhere I looked, and as usual almost none of them could be arsed to even crack a fart let alone open their gobs and sing. I'm not even going to get onto the early leavers, that's another debate.

Fact is, we have now become spoilt as fans. There is no excitement in games like tonight. People turn up, expect to win, sit and chat with their chums, complain that we conceded a late goal (those that stayed to see it), then fuck off home ready to do it all again next time around.

Many would honestly prefer we were shit again, then at least games like tonight would be, if nothing else, exciting.

We really are no longer the best fans in the land and all the world. We have become everything we hated about those red c*nts in stretford when it comes to match day engagement.
Agree with this, I couldn't make tonight I was working but sold my ticket,
Honestly it was like a Sunday league pub game, I could tell pep weren't happy either, could clearly see him looking around the stadium with his assistant rolling his eyes,, clearly chatting about it, seemed to me just what do they fucking want were CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND AND EUROPE!!! and we cant really be arsed to sing about It.
You are correct we are now a spoiled fan base that's obvious, but the pricing fuck me they must be on crack to think people a queuing up to spend £60 on a ticket then yer travel bit of food and drink £100 for that, and do t get me started on the kids prices.
But yes your right we have gone really shit at home and all I see on here is excuse after excuse

If any of you watched the Villa v Newcastle match last night, Villa were worse than we were tonight, Villa didn’t sing at all. At least we sang throughout the match, even though the whole stadium didn’t and when it did, it wasn’t particularly loud. Put it down to January, midweek, cold, wet, dark, Burnley, etc.

Today was okay considering the circumstances, I don't know how anyone could've set their expectations higher than that.

I completely agree with a lot of the points that you raise, but this isn't the game that proves that point as we would never have had a good atmosphere for a winter evening game vs Burnley.

Even in the "good old days", we had some absolutely shocking atmospheres in games like this. I don't know what else people expected

Today was okay considering the circumstances, I don't know how anyone could've set their expectations higher than that.

I completely agree with a lot of the points that you raise, but this isn't the game that proves that point as we would never have had a good atmosphere for a winter evening game vs Burnley.

Even in the "good old days", we had some absolutely shocking atmospheres in games like this. I don't know what else people expected
I know what your saying m8 I really do but this ain't the first time is it,, the liverpool game a home was the worst I've seen at any city game for a game as important as that
And I've had my ticket since 83-84

It didn't help that loads of fans were fucking soaked through..being cold and wet won't help the atmosphere.
We all want a great atmosphere but sometimes it's harder to be up for a game than other times..
In SS3 fans were still coming in 20 minutes after kick off.. apparently the card readers weren't working.
I got to the ground about 7 and it was pissing down and the security were still making fans wait to get in so they could wave their useless fucking wands over them..a couple of them wanted people to open their coats too..fucking crazy.
Hopefully it will be a better atmosphere v Everton but then again it's an early kick off.

TBH the Burnley fans weren’t arsed either. They were probably wondering why they had wasted their money and time at full-time.

This is the in-between part of the season when people are skint, still have a hangover from Christmas and new year, the weather is shit, it’s still dark for most of the day, and in general people can’t be arsed, and they would rather stay at home in the warmth etc.

Come March when we play the Rags, Arsenal, the CL games, etc, hopefully the Etihad will be rocking again?

People in the ground should be singing more and generally making more noise (cheering and shouting the team on), however I would say having thousands of fans miss the first 20 minutes of the game had a big effect.

The met was awful and the security outside the ground was taking an age to scan people through.

People who weren’t there giving lectures on the atmosphere lol. If you care so much, turn up and get behind the lads.

The atmosphere has often been flat this season. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the crowd given the negativity on here. I didn’t dry out until about 70 mins bit I still tried to get behind the team. A few blocks in the South Stand and some Blues in the North Stand did likewise .

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.