Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
A few around me last night were pointing out and questioning any non-manc accent supporter within a close proximity. Was rather uncomfortable and some poor fellas near by were forced to justify their attendance after multiple points and shouts. I overheard him later on in conversation to others that he was a head chef and won them in a competition. Not his fault he won a competition and at the end of the day, he was stood there cheering City on like we all were.

Whilst I understand the frustration - it should be aimed at the club and not the individuals.

A poor showing from the guys around me.
Some people don’t half get on a high horse at games happens more often than you think.

Had it myself at the Brighton league win three people tryna give it I shouldn’t of had a ticket and I have a manc accent. Soon got told where to go.

I think the club brings it on as people point fingers as to why mates etc have missed out if we had more clarity on splits of allocations I think people would be more understanding.

It’s definitely going to boil over at a big away game soon enough though e.g Liverpool as more and more on the loyalty system miss out. Last night seems a weird one to pick out as most people who would of wanted a ticket and go often will have got one.

There’s no winning the club want to expand and attract those with more money only have to look at how they price home games vs season tickets.

If they had clarity it would happen in a different forum,rather than some unknowing tourist who doesn’t understand the concept of how hard tickets are to get being on the receiving end. I hate it as much as anyone but it’s actually not their fault, it’s the club or whoever sells them the ticket at the inflated price.

Last edited:
A few around me last night were pointing out and questioning any non-manc accent supporter within a close proximity. Was rather uncomfortable and some poor fellas near by were forced to justify their attendance after multiple points and shouts. I overheard him later on in conversation to others that he was a head chef and won them in a competition. Not his fault he won a competition and at the end of the day, he was stood there cheering City on like we all were.

Whilst I understand the frustration - it should be aimed at the club and not the individuals.

A poor showing from the guys around me.
This is where the club need to start taking more responsibility. The more and more tickets that get siphoned off, the angrier people are going to get. Throw in a few beers and people are going to take that out on the people with the tickets.

Whilst that bloke didn't do a thing wrong, winning away tickets in a competition is a slippery slope to go down. Hope he was alright and not put off by the experience.

Reminds me of Bayern away last year, there was a lady a row behind me literally wearing a Bayern cap. Glad the steward noticed before some coked up blues did.

It's not going to be long before something bad happens, and whilst we can never condone any kind of violence, the club need to try and understand why people are getting angry.

The OSC debate has been done to death on here and no matter what your stance is on it:

How come British OSC's were only receiving 1-2 tickets, yet European OSC's were receiving an absolute load?

Apparently MK only got 2 tickets when they had 15 applications, yet I saw a good 20 people yesterday who were from the same supporters club in Poland
I think I read in one of the end of season official City mags that there was 43 different nationalities in the away end for Copenhagen last season. Definitely bigger allocations going to overseas clubs for CL away games. It would be good if City let us know how much of the allocation actually goes on sale for away games after staff, OSC etc.

Hate to think we're getting like the rags but I remember 20 years ago Manchester and Salford rags turning on out of towners at OT when they felt they where getting locked out. Because of our success the same thing seems to be happening with us. When I was a regular at Maine Rd this was not a problem as there was plenty of room for all. Sometimes think us FOCs had the best of it.

I think I read in one of the end of season official City mags that there was 43 different nationalities in the away end for Copenhagen last season. Definitely bigger allocations going to overseas clubs for CL away games. It would be good if City let us know how much of the allocation actually goes on sale for away games after staff, OSC etc.
Bigger allocations going abroad, we have to realise we are a business now a cash making club, jd in Copenhagen yesterday had city shirts openly on display in front of the rags, dippers, chavs etc. we would not have to sell 1 ticket to a Mancunian for a euro away now as the country we were visiting would sell them all. There not interested in city as a club these tourists just the statement players most are taking selfies all game, we have to except this and stop moaning about it every time we play away in Europe

FA Cup final last year two rags with tops on stood in the queue alongside me. I thought no way will they get through the initial set of stewards but they did. As I was just in front of them I pointed them out to a senior steward who grabbed them and marched them back out through a door. Point is that they had tickets in our end. How the fuck did that happen? Only reason I could think off was touts who couldn’t give a shit who they sold to but how did they get hold of them. The whole ticket system is being abused but the biggest culprit is the club. Let’s see what points the dipper game sells out at. It should be very low 20‘s points wise but will probably be 23-24k as the club will siphon off huge amounts for players, corporate and sponsors. No way will 60% go on sale to points.

FA Cup final last year two rags with tops on stood in the queue alongside me. I thought no way will they get through the initial set of stewards but they did. As I was just in front of them I pointed them out to a senior steward who grabbed them and marched them back out through a door. Point is that they had tickets in our end. How the fuck did that happen? Only reason I could think off was touts who couldn’t give a shit who they sold to but how did they get hold of them. The whole ticket system is being abused but the biggest culprit is the club. Let’s see what points the dipper game sells out at. It should be very low 20‘s points wise but will probably be 23-24k as the club will siphon off huge amounts for players, corporate and sponsors. No way will 60% go on sale to points.
I do believe the super league will come one day then the club we’ve loved for nearly 6 generations will no longer be

The tickets would have been from the FA member clubs allocation presumably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.