Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
spanish teams are notorious for poor away support.

i missed the semi final under pellegrini but the other games I've been I don't recall Madrid having a good support

Spanish club fans don’t travel as a rule, even in Spain. Saying that it is a big country.

Manchester has a very big Spanish community and some of them will have got tickets for the Real Madrid end and the City ends.

The game against Villareal in our first season in the Champs League (and our first actual victory in the competition) was a good case in point where they brought very few away fans. It was the only City game against a Spanish side in the Champions League I've been to and from memory they didn't have any of the usual away end but had some seats in a block in the Colin Bell stand ?

uefa had a rule where a select number of away fans have seats in the home end for view?

Only heard about this after a spurs game the other season where the teams away fans were banned but were still fans in the seats

Spanish club fans don’t travel as a rule, even in Spain. Saying that it is a big country.

Manchester has a very big Spanish community and some of them will have got tickets for the Real Madrid end and the City ends.
Kick em oot !!

Tonight will be one to watch for all the twitter gimps that say we don't have any Atmosphere. It'll take care of itself tonight

'City have not lost any of their last 38 games at the Etihad with 33 wins and five draws in that time, a run dating back to November 2022. This season they can surpass the club record of 42 unbeaten set at Hyde Road over a century ago

These runs seems implausibly difficult to achieve if the fans had not helped the team. As Jack Grealish said this week ahead of their meeting with Arsenal: "I just feel that when teams come to the Etihad, I feel like we always make it difficult for them."

As with any club, the atmosphere tends to be better for the biggest games and there are plenty of matches early in the season where there is less noise. However, Guardiola got more than he wanted in the recent derby when there was impatience over the time City were taking to build play up.

The manager would always rather more noise than not - even boos - and he has asked fans to repeat their levels from the United match for the big games in the run-in against Arsenal, Villa, Real Madrid and the rest. A coach who wants every advantage possible will leave no stone unturned.

He will probably get it, yet the decision by the club in the international break to sneak out season ticket rises for next season has left significant bad blood. All four of the organised supporter groups have come out strongly against it, with 1894 declaring it a 'battle for the heart and soul of the club'.

The manager would always rather more noise than not - even boos - and he has asked fans to repeat their levels from the United match for the big games in the run-in against Arsenal, Villa, Real Madrid and the rest. A coach who wants every advantage possible will leave no stone unturned.

As the fans see it, serial price rises against the backdrop of record revenues and profits are designed not to retain the value of tickets by driving it up but to drive out loyal season ticket holders in return for more money at the expense of atmosphere. And if the club have that strategy when they extend the North Stand, it will only get more difficult to improve or even retain the noise at the Etihad.

The club may be able to hold off the growing dissent for the time being, and the anger of supporters may even work in the team's favour in the short-term; the Premier League charges certainly added an extra bite to the Etihad last season. However, if Arsenal and Real Madrid can still expect a cauldron similar to last year in the coming weeks, beyond that more change at the stadium could well sweep in more uncertainty.'

So says the M.E.N. Either way, C'MON BLUES!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.