Atmosphere 2024/25

Yeah wasnt great up there today.

Think at least 75% of their noise was just aimed at our support rather than cheering their own team on mind
Totally, outside the ground, ‘cheats’, ‘115’, sooner this lot go down the better. Not a patch on Norwich as a club. Be down before Santa arrives!

It’s actually true that the game was pretty dull after the third goal as all peril had gone.
But it would have been better at the end of the first half had either shot against the bar gone in, and would have been better in the second had we really gone for it. I know it's not how Pep thinks, but we hit eight against Watford with him in charge and seven against Stoke. It's not as though there is a midweek game to worry about.
We played some great football in the second half, but didn't create many great chances or force many saves (Haaland's header the only one IIRC) and that's why the atmosphere is flat and people leave early. Nice that they missed that final goal, but they were probably watching on their phones as they walked to the car park.
Those (mainly in the ticket thread) who refuse to get a smart phone will just have to remain confused about watching football on a phone.

It was like a morgue at times today. I could hear almost every instruction McKenna was giving his players and he wasn’t being that loud. That rarely happens.
It was so poor that at one stage one of our fans said we’re moving you to South Stand next season to get them going!

All the noise was coming from the Ipswich fans. They were excellent at times and definitely better than us I’m afraid.

Last edited:
I watched the 2nd half of the Villa v Arsenal game.
When it was 0-0 the Villa fans weren’t getting behind the Villa team.
When Villa were getting beat by Arsenal you couldn’t hear the Villa fans at all apart from a few roars when Villa cam close to scoring. There were no audible chants from the Villa fans.
When Arsenal scored their goals you could hear the Arsenal fans. Even then they weren’t nowhere near as loud as our away support is.

I think we beat ourselves up to much about our home support. As I posted previously, our support today came across really well and loud on Sly Sports Saturday Night Football.

Last week at Chelsea we outsung them.
People in shock that home fans are quieter than a good following from a team who are back in thr prem after 22years need to wake up.
Been like thos at most.grounds in the prem for years.
Give me an away season ticket any day of the week.

I watched the 2nd half of the Villa v Arsenal game.
When it was 0-0 the Villa fans weren’t getting behind the Villa team.
When Villa were getting beat by Arsenal you couldn’t hear the Villa fans at all apart from a few roars when Villa cam close to scoring. There were no audible chants from the Villa fans.
When Arsenal scored their goals you could hear the Arsenal fans. Even then they weren’t nowhere near as loud as our away support is.

I think we beat ourselves up to much about our home support. As I posted previously, our support today came across really well and loud on Sly Sports Saturday Night Football.
I’ve watched a lot of other football on TV this season, both in the championship and the premier league. On nearly every occasion the away fans have outsung the home fans, just the way it is.

It was a pretty dull second half I thought. First gear and that’s why it wasn’t great. It’s second game in. Chelsea last week was rocking and support was probably needed more in that game.

Think Pep and the plyers are used to the empty seats now. It’s been happening for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.