Atmosphere 2024/25

Who is getting up for a August fixture against Ipswich? Never going to be roaring when you're expected to smash them and end up playing keep ball for an hour. When they scored and we actually attacked, the atmosphere was decent enough after the third goal the game was already over we just had to wait around for an hour for the final whistle.

Ipswich were bloody awful in my opinion, first away game in the premier league for 20 years and we got nothing from them until they decided to go through the boring cliche songbook about playing in a library etc. We've had many teams come here in recent years for the first time in a long time and seen much better atmosphere from them. Even Bournemouth early last season who typically aren't the most vociferous, after a brief stint in the championship were miles better than ipswich.
Agreed. Like Huddersfield in the Cup last season, their songs are like nursery rhymes. Their innovative 10-0-0 tactics today were shameful, in terms if providing entertainment for the paying public. Utterly dismal display from them.

Almost as bad as the fast version of Blue Moon. I remember @trevorriley saying that 1894 have told the club most people over the age of six can’t stand it, but like many other things it was ignored.

All part of the matchday fucking experience.
The club's obsession with overly controlling everything, is becoming stifling.

(Look no further than the City Matters candidates they've whittled it down to. Hardly going to rip up trees).

Last edited:
Bucket loads of tourists in today, that seems to work OK on a big Champs League night but not so well when it’s Ipswich or less exciting opponents. Lots of the more vocal ST holders in 109 I know are still on holiday with their families.

Their fans outsung us in ss3 whenever they felt like it.
Awful in ss3 today imho.

It was completely different in SSL1.

We hardly heard the Ipswich fans.

As I keep on posting, City need to move the away fans from SSL3.

That’s where the loudest away support comes from.

Are City likely to move them mate?

South Stand 115 here.
Okay atmosphere, no bad but not great.
Some great banter with the Ipswich fans - “Ipswich do the Poznan was good”

Kippax chanting to us giving us shit, you cheeky bastards.
Pot & kettle come to mind.
Your poznan was shite

If you want it, we’ll meet you outside the Bluemoon Chippy after the Brentford game
City agro ;-)

Agreed. Like Huddersfield in the Cup last season, their songs are like nursery rhymes. Their innovative 10-0-0 tactics today were shameful, in terms if providing entertainment for the paying public. Utterly dismal display from them.
Don't really think Ipswich had any say on how that game panned out. We forced them into that regardless of their intentions with 75% of the ball.

We had complete control of the game, was our decision to kill the game after the third goal play keep ball and have no real desire to score again. I'm generally fine with that approach, i get the reasoning and i'm not about to question pep after what he's won, we've definitrly won additional silverware during his time because of that approach but a byproduct of that is there is fuck all happening on the pitch to react to when we do switch to that mode so naturally it's going to get flat. It would happen at any club on the planet.

As you know,ss1 just doesn't carry to ss3.
I heard nothing from our lot down there.
Its really strange the acoustics at ours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.