Atmosphere 2024/25

Sadly, I was away yesterday and couldn't offer my voice. I watched on TV and I'd say Ipswich sounded louder and indeed more bitter.

The TV camera kept pointing at lower tier sections, North and Colin Bell, who mostly liked holding cameras in their hands. And, possible tourists who looked bored and barely interact with those around them.

Perhaps, we should be more inclusive and try to encourage newer fans on a one to one basis to join in? Most of us make our bonds and links in the stands, nattering and talking to strangers who become our footy acquaintances. Mustn't be easy for some. Too easy to moan about quiet camera-clickers than involve them, I guess.

The problem is success. Winning year after year takes the tension away and people watch the game expecting to win. The emotion is absent other than quiet satisfaction. Dare I mention that the same thing happened at the old toilet during the run under that Scotsman. If we were relegated, the Etihad would be a cauldron in the lower division.
Real described the atmosphere for the UCL semi as the most fierce they had encountered; there was genuine tension in that game.

Not sure I agree on the second to last point. I think that would effect ss3 and for me ss3 is the loudest part of the ground. When ss3 get going that’s when the rest of the ground join in.

I’ve sat in different areas of the ground and for me ss1 feels very separate from other areas. When chants start in ss1 often other areas can’t hear them or don’t join in with them.

I also think ss1 to the right of the away fans seems split into two areas. The section next to the away fans and a section in the corner. It’s not one voice.

Feels like we are on repeat with these points for about 10 years now lol

If the away fans were moved we’d have an extra 1000+ City fans in SSL3. We’d have the whole of SSL3 full of City fans.

Just as importantly, we’d have an extra 1000+ safe standing seats that are already installed in the SSL3 away end, that City could push as a new singing section in SSL3.

We’d end up with the new 8000 capacity North stand home end, a 6000 capacity SSL3 with a 1000+ capacity singing section, and the SSL1 singing section.

Obviously we’d lose the singers in 111, 110, and 109 if City put the away fans there, but that would also lesson the effect of their vocal support. The away fans in blocks 111, 110, and 109 would still have access to the coach park, so that wouldn’t be an issue.

Unfortunately I don’t think it will happen as I think the club are happy with the current away fans set up.

Just make the whole of SSLS safe standing that. That would improve the atmosphere. No one ever seems to mention that some fans like to be near the away fans for want of a better word, the banter and back and forth. I couldn’t think of anything worse than being at the other end of the stadium than the away fans. The club would move all of the away fans into SSL3 if they could like Newcastle do.

Not great today, but my goodness, I don’t think I’ve seen such small time fans as them. Really small time, like a non league club on their day out. Be back down before Santa arrives!
I suspect IF they stay up I'll not be seeing any in SS3 next season.

First proper big away game in years for them. We'll be ticked off now and they'll be lucky to fill level 1 & 2 in the future.

They made a fair bit of noise but as above they were out at the champions and most would have had the option of numerous beers on coaches on the way up.

We were ok(ish), game over after 10 mins of actual playing time, second half we were coasting along and that filtered into the crowd.

The same old story, i'm afraid the horse has bolted. This is modern football, daytrip fans spending fortunes in the club shop, atmosphere not helped by the rowdiest supporters disappearing 10 minutes before half time etc. On the pitch it's amazing, but in the stands it has lost its edge. Victims of our own success I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.