Atmosphere 2024/25

I find it odd that we set ourselves up to be measured against an impossible ideal metric. Football is changing and as we know there’ll be even more games this season. This against a back drop of being able to recall a close season without an international tournament. Peter Schmeichel was running his mouth off about our atmosphere being poor v Inter, in a game that was early season and didn’t really have any consequences for defeat. The Arsenal game was in a competition that mattered and even with the shit kick off time and shit weather the atmosphere was pretty good. Who knew? No doubt everyone will scratch their heads when the atmosphere v Watford on Tuesday is poor.

I suppose it’s a bit like sex. If you know it’s once a week on a Sunday morning you can be Ron Jeremy every time. If it’s every day then you have to accept a John Major performance from time to time.

Everybody has a life at work or other hobbies. You can’t be a full time football fan and with the amount of football on offer then fans will naturally become discerning. You can’t be “up” for every single game. It’s a stupid myth.

We can’t keep blaming the stadium acoustics not being good. The John stones chant at the end disproves that
Its easy to all sing in unison when the announcer guy gets the chant started.

It's not easy to sing in unison however, when you have 3 singing section who can't hear one another due to bad acoustics

It's not easy to sing in unison however, when you have 3 singing section who can't hear one another due to bad acoustics
Unfortunately I sit in the north stand and can hear the away fans louder than the home fans far too much of the time. That has nothing to do with acoustics. There are more city fans in the SS than away fans.
It should be the other way around.
I realise away fans tend to get behind teams more and not having a go but I just don’t think it’s down to the stadium

Unfortunately I sit in the north stand and can hear the away fans louder than the home fans far too much of the time. That has nothing to do with acoustics. There are more city fans in the SS than away fans.
It should be the other way around.
I realise away fans tend to get behind teams more and not having a go but I just don’t think it’s down to the stadium
TBF there were no 'library' chants from Arse yesterday - they heard us alright. They had their little 'cheating again ole ole ole', 'Arsenal, Arsenal' and the 'Wild Rover' moments - but yesterday wasn't one of those days where the away fans outsung us. There's no doubt we have quiet sections of the ground, but I actually think we have an acoustic issue as well. With the SS to my immediate right yesterday I could hear them giving it a good go and the corners picking it up. I came home with a lost voice anyway (!)

It’s a really useful and fair feature but the season card ticket exchange doesn’t help - lots of people starting to pick and choose while holding onto their SCs - Asian kid behind me yesterday filming the arsenal fans going bananas after their goals and smiling, not a tarquin but a tourist, and several more in nearby rows who are not regulars. This in 116 which you would argue is among the hardcore blocks. The CL games have been even worse in recent seasons

All in SS1/2/3 & NS2

Away fans down in ES1/SS1 round the corners !!

I'm happy to agree to differ, and yes it's an English football problem, even if the media thinks it's only us!

I've been to enough stadiums around the country to see what a good stadium setup can do to an atmosphere.

Wolves are a good example of this, very average support but their stadium setup allows them to make an absolute racket at times
Wolves is one of the best. The major clubs like United, Liverpool, Arsenal are quiet for most games. I also think Forest is excellent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.