Atmosphere at Eastlands

Tom_mcfc said:
M9 Blue said:
Half an hour before kick off the ground is empty.Until we resolve the away fans and our split vocal support the atmosphere will be poor.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm sick of hearing move the away fans and let south stand and singing section be together. It was tried against I think Wigan last year and the atmosphere was terrible. Can no one get in their heads that the atmosphere is either side of the away fans, that being the reason that they are next to the away fans.

Move the away fans and I would imagine thats where the atmosphere will be, wherever they are.

It wasn't. The bottom tier of the away section was filled with families, day trippers, randoms. The SS and SS were still seperate. And some thick fuckers were still singing at the away section (filled with City fans) and giving it the wanker signs.

The atmopsheres would 100% be better if there were 6000 vocal blues in the South Stand and that would then feed everywhere else as the masses would have a proper front man.

It still wouldn't be ideal. Borussia Dortmunds big stand holds 25000 and the Kippax once held 30000! There's no reason why the richest club in the world can't have something as monumental and as special as this, for me it is part of becoming the best club in the world, building a squad and a legacy is all well and good but in fifteen years time none of the players that play for us now will be here but a big fuck off stand would be here forever! I can but dream! You know, even Blackburns home end vocal stand holds over 7000. But 6000 in the South Stand it would be a start!

goatinho said:
Freestyler said:
the away fans should be pushed into the east stand, a bit like arsenal, so we can have the SS. they can't be out in the colin bell, too far away from coach park.

the coach park is still pretty much right behind the stand if they got moved round to the corner, it could easily be done.
yeah..never thought of the coach thing
Its a pain in the frickin arse having to walk up to the lights then dog leg right down past Mary D's to get to my motor just because the away fans can be ushered away to their coaches ;-)

In our last few seasons at Maine Road, the atmosphere was generally good due to a couple of things.
We were on the promotion charge from division 3 under Royle, then the 1st division season under Keegan. These had the fans buzzing so generating a good atmosphere.

Then, the away fans being in the North Stand, in the middle of the 2 noisiest areas of the ground, as that part of the Kippax, AA BB CC had singers there who bought their tickets when the Kippax had been rebuilt, to be near the away end, for the atmosphere and banter that gets generated between fans. So for the away end to be between the North and Kippax, this helped generate a good atmosphere, being between 2 noisy stands.

But what happened when we moved to Eastlands ruined that, because the North Standers were relocated to the South Stand along with the away fans, taking them away from the area of the kippax that generated the most noise.
So if you're at Maine Road, this was like putting the North Stand people and the away support in the Platt Lane End.

I used to have my season ticket in BB lower in the Kippax. We all used to make a fair bit of noise there. When we moved to Eastlands, the away fans had been moved down the other end, as well as the North Standers, and so this split up the singers big time, as well as the stand being 2 tiers. The atmosphere where I was sat at Eastlands, in my old Kippax seat was just not there anymore.

For me, that has been the root of the problem.

I've posted about it countless times.

There's only one way to improve the atmosphere at City.

Move the two singing ends together. The simple solution has to be moving the away fans to the other side of the south stand and relocating the South Stand blues into the exct "mirror image" of their seat on the other side.

Big matches start with a cacophony of "We are not really standing alone till I die" and then the rest of the ground gives up.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've posted about it countless times.

There's only one way to improve the atmosphere at City.

Move the two singing ends together. The simple solution has to be moving the away fans to the other side of the south stand and relocating the South Stand blues into the exct "mirror image" of their seat on the other side.

Big matches start with a cacophony of "We are not really standing alone till I die" and then the rest of the ground gives up.

That's my favourite chant as well!

-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:59 am --

stonerblue said:
get rid of that turgid 'bluemoon' that's played before and after the game.
After the game "Boys in Blue" is played. That's the best song/chant associated with our club! Unfortunately we never sing it.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 am --<br /><br />
dw7 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhZOficE65I&feature=related[/youtube]

Like the bouncing. But actually chanting "bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy la la la la la" is very gay!

danburge82 said:
Tom_mcfc said:
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm sick of hearing move the away fans and let south stand and singing section be together. It was tried against I think Wigan last year and the atmosphere was terrible. Can no one get in their heads that the atmosphere is either side of the away fans, that being the reason that they are next to the away fans.

Move the away fans and I would imagine thats where the atmosphere will be, wherever they are.

It wasn't. The bottom tier of the away section was filled with families, day trippers, randoms. The SS and SS were still seperate. And some thick fuckers were still singing at the away section (filled with City fans) and giving it the wanker signs.

The atmopsheres would 100% be better if there were 6000 vocal blues in the South Stand and that would then feed everywhere else as the masses would have a proper front man.

It still wouldn't be ideal. Borussia Dortmunds big stand holds 25000 and the Kippax once held 30000! There's no reason why the richest club in the world can't have something as monumental and as special as this, for me it is part of becoming the best club in the world, building a squad and a legacy is all well and good but in fifteen years time none of the players that play for us now will be here but a big fuck off stand would be here forever! I can but dream! You know, even Blackburns home end vocal stand holds over 7000. But 6000 in the South Stand it would be a start!

A stand with 6000 of the most vociferous fans would create more atmosphere than a massive stand where the noisiest fans are in amongst quieter types (like me!).

I remember when the Kippax held 30,000 and the atmosphere wasnt that great. City dont have, and never have had, that many really noisy fans. The atmosphere in the Kippax actually improved as its capacity decreased.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.