Atmosphere at Eastlands

some of you are either too young or just too stupid if you think that the atmosphere at maine road was any different most of the time, sure it had its moments but so will coms over the years..hamburg...its about how fired up we are.. notts county..no one could get their self going... you older ones be true to yourself was maine road really rocking every week

pissedagain said:
some of you are either too young or just too stupid if you think that the atmosphere at maine road was any different most of the time, sure it had its moments but so will coms over the years..hamburg...its about how fired up we are.. notts county..no one could get their self going... you older ones be true to yourself was maine road really rocking every week

exactly, the place was like a morgue half the time.

I struggle with this concept that we need fans behind each goal for an atmosphere too. Maine Road could create a great atmosphere (if it wanted to) but this came from the Kippax, Platt Lane was deserted more often than not and the North Stand was empty for most of the 80s

pissedagain said:

is any football ground in england rocking every week the atmosphere at coms or anyother english ground will never be like teams in europe week in week out

I've got to agree with the majority of jrb's first post on this thread. There was loads of talk (and I'd even say promises) last July about improving things in the South Stand...

Generally I'd say the atmosphere is better due to better results on the pitch.

I love to see the colour in European football stands - and I'm sure that they would improve things in the stand, but I'd put it out there now:

Who in blocks 116/117/118 would be willing to hold up flags and give them a wave at certain parts of the game without thinking "Oops, I might piss someone off if I'm blocking the view"?

The club gave us all a free scarf a few years ago - and against United that time it looked great, but then it soon died out...

The best thing about the Hamburg game was the availability of bananas and flags outside the ground - this made it look more spontaneous in the ground and therefore less manufactured by the club.

I'd be up for swapping the away fans with the corner personally. To me I couldn't give a flying one about what the away fans are doing, and at the back of 117 you can't hear them anyway, so let the "who's the faggot in the pink" brigade stand next to the aways, and those who just want to get behind the team can do it with larger numbers!

M9 Blue said:
AlthamBlue said:
pfft, bloody useless. I think the music before a match and the bloke on the tannoy need to STFU half an hour before kick off, so the fans can create an atmosphere for when the Players come out.
Half an hour before kick off the ground is empty.Until we resolve the away fans and our split vocal support the atmosphere will be poor.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm sick of hearing move the away fans and let south stand and singing section be together. It was tried against I think Wigan last year and the atmosphere was terrible. Can no one get in their heads that the atmosphere is either side of the away fans, that being the reason that they are next to the away fans.

Move the away fans and I would imagine thats where the atmosphere will be, wherever they are.

Tom_mcfc said:
M9 Blue said:
Half an hour before kick off the ground is empty.Until we resolve the away fans and our split vocal support the atmosphere will be poor.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm sick of hearing move the away fans and let south stand and singing section be together. It was tried against I think Wigan last year and the atmosphere was terrible. Can no one get in their heads that the atmosphere is either side of the away fans, that being the reason that they are next to the away fans.

Move the away fans and I would imagine thats where the atmosphere will be, wherever they are.

it was crap because they put famlies where the away fans would of went

We had our Branch flag up on Sunday second tier family stand.It was overhanging by 18 inches below and we were told to take it down by stewards.
Yet at the other end Notts county had three of similar size draped over all game. Also my son East level 2 was told to take down a small flag because it was covering adverts

Colins Bellend said:
We had our Branch flag up on Sunday second tier family stand.It was overhanging by 18 inches below and we were told to take it down by stewards.
Yet at the other end Notts county had three of similar size draped over all game. Also my son East level 2 was told to take down a small flag because it was covering adverts

its only moved when people complain and if its covering adverts its only obvious it will be moved

no its crap cos we only sing when we are motivated i.e. hamburg or trafford, its the english way... sure i remember the kippax when i was a kid, but was it just that, were other parts of maine road quiet and i just thought it was on fire.. who knows, but one things for sure play fulham and its quiet, play liverpool and its a lot louder

liamctid said:
I've got to agree with the majority of jrb's first post on this thread. There was loads of talk (and I'd even say promises) last July about improving things in the South Stand...

Generally I'd say the atmosphere is better due to better results on the pitch.

I love to see the colour in European football stands - and I'm sure that they would improve things in the stand, but I'd put it out there now:

Who in blocks 116/117/118 would be willing to hold up flags and give them a wave at certain parts of the game without thinking "Oops, I might piss someone off if I'm blocking the view"?

The club gave us all a free scarf a few years ago - and against United that time it looked great, but then it soon died out...

The best thing about the Hamburg game was the availability of bananas and flags outside the ground - this made it look more spontaneous in the ground and therefore less manufactured by the club.

I'd be up for swapping the away fans with the corner personally. To me I couldn't give a flying one about what the away fans are doing, and at the back of 117 you can't hear them anyway, so let the "who's the faggot in the pink" brigade stand next to the aways, and those who just want to get behind the team can do it with larger numbers!

haha thats all of 111/110then :D but yeh i agree with what you said, i think it looks awesome when in europe n they have all the flags waving all game and 99% of people in the stand have club colours on(not the actually team shirt just colours).imagine the whole of the southstand full of flags/sky blue and 5k mancs bouncin round like nutters for the whole match.

i also notice with teams in europe they are always in their seats bout 30 mins before kick off singing. like i said in another post we nade safe standing it can be done its been proven the facts are there, but i doubt it will happen in all honesty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.