Atmosphere at Eastlands

stimo said:
Am I the only person that thinks people are over reacting? And that the atmosphere isn't that bad?

I do think it has improved this season, but i dont think thats the issue. You want the best out of the players, and they want the best out of the fans. And we can improve the atmosphere, but i do agree it is not that bad. Its probably in the top 5 in the league.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
stimo said:
Am I the only person that thinks people are over reacting? And that the atmosphere isn't that bad?

I do think it has improved this season, but i dont think thats the issue. You want the best out of the players, and they want the best out of the fans. And we can improve the atmosphere, but i do agree it is not that bad. Its probably in the top 5 in the league.

For the big matches there's no unity to the atmosphere. There are several different songs starting off at once and they don't catch on around the ground. That's what makes atmosphere.

The ground needs one voice to get everyone involved.

Didsbury Dave said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:

For the big matches there's no unity to the atmosphere. There are several different songs starting off at once and they don't catch on around the ground. That's what makes atmosphere.

Atmosphere isn't singing songs.....atmosphere is when everyone cheers for every tackle/throw in/corner/shot and shouts "come on" everytime we cross the halfway line !!!

Didsbury Dave said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:

You're nominating yourself, presumably.

;)

clp1000 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Atmosphere isn't singing songs.....atmosphere is when everyone cheers for every tackle/throw in/corner/shot and shouts "come on" everytime we cross the halfway line !!!

"Atmosphere" is commonly perceived as the noise and passion in the stadium.

Loud and regular singing from all over the ground constitutes a good "atmosphere" in most people's book.

At Maine Road the atmosphere grew from before kickoff as people drifted in from up to an hour before. At COMS people tend not to take their seats until minutes before KO because of the concourse and what it has to offer. And with that stupid handshake lark any pumped up feeling amongst the fans is disapated , apart from obviously the derby games. Going to be very hard to get that Maine Road atmosphere back.

-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 pm --

Request those who wish to create a noisy atmosphere to relocate, like in the development of singing section

Simply as for me, in the two other corners create singing sections, those consisting of a minimum of 2 blocks corners of CB and north and Kippax and north this I believe will assist in the wrapround effect. Also gives the family stand the opportunity to get involved in there own right, instead of picking up or attempting to work out what the other end is singing, I've sat there its sometimes not clear or confusing what is sung or they start as the SS and SS are finishing.

In Aris, one of their fans told me that they almost have a set list they sing one song and that is always followed by another as well as people 'encouraging' non participants.

South Stand and Singing Section are ok, but amongst the thousands in the rest of the ground there is potentially more noise.

BTW I think the family stand potentially should be the loudests, once its settles on its identity and supported at the front as well as the back, by this I mean trial some stuff there, the Malcolm tribute was appropriate and the clappers created a noise backdrop, but nothing since, I think it would be good in there to have someone/body getting the blocks going during the game.

Boots_ said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You're nominating yourself, presumably.

;)

Give over Boots.

You won't get much beyond the odd "Come on City!" from me, unless I'm beered up and on an away day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.