Atmosphere at Eastlands

jrb said:
Did anyone else notice. Hard not too. Not a single Aris flag was removed from the sponsors hoardings on the top tier. On any other PL match day, if you put a banner or flag over one of the sponsors, the stewards tell you to remove it straightaway. So what gives?

Gotta be a sky connection.

jrb said:
Did anyone else notice. Hard not too. Not a single Aris flag was removed from the sponsors hoardings on the top tier. On any other PL match day, if you put a banner or flag over one of the sponsors, the stewards tell you to remove it straightaway. So what gives?
Do you mean the sponsors between level 1 and 2 ?

If so, there weren't any tonight, they were covered up by some pointless UEFA logo, because its a UEFA regulation to only allow their partners to have advertising. Not even club sponsors were on show.

cleavers said:
If so, there weren't any tonight, they were covered up by some pointless UEFA logo, because its a UEFA regulation to only allow their partners to have advertising. Not even club sponsors were on show.

that's right, same rule applied in our stadium in the 1st leg.

morning from Heathrow

surely the obvious solution is to get the great man himself involved.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4[/youtube]

i usually sit in south stand lower, but in the last fa cup game i sat level 2 corner of ss and last night corner of ss and colin bell. there was no singing what so ever.

not even joining in with bluemoon. no shouting, no anything really.

it was like watching it on telly. except i shout....

i want a better view of the game and am considering a move to level 2, but its a massive thing to give up as there just doesnt seem to be any atmosphere anywhere else.

Having sat in the north stand last night that is where the club need to be targeting,more life in a morgue than there,also its a must that we move the away fans from where i sat last night you could see 110 and south stand trying to out sing them but had no chance

Ultimately, you can have as many focus group meetings as you want, but it won't significantly change the atmosphere during saturday games against lower rank premier league sides, cup games against lower league teams, and europa games etc.

This is a cultural change over the last twenty years. It's no way specific to City. Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, are not always generating atmosphere in those typical PL games against lower rank sides, particularly during the first half. Lunch time kick offs have never been popular and don't work either. It's completely illogical to compare us directly with other teams in Europe. Again, you need to put those clubs into the historical and cultural context out of which 'things like the Poznan' emerge. The cultural and social fabric of football fans have ultimately changed. There will always be that small group of fans, who want to stand, sing, get pissed, and I'd love this to be faciliated in a way which works (cheaper beer prices, safe standing campaign introduced when most fans stand during specific periods at specific ends anyway which is unsafer) kick off times going back to 3pm and ticket price reductions. But these things aren't going to happen, and ultimately, some 'city experience' department working for the club, is merely some silly middle class bureaucratic idea, which lies at the heart of the problem anyway.

gio's side step said:
Ultimately, you can have as many focus group meetings as you want, but it won't significantly change the atmosphere during saturday games against lower rank premier league sides, cup games against lower league teams, and europa games etc.

This is a cultural change over the last twenty years. It's no way specific to City. Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, are not always generating atmosphere in those typical PL games against lower rank sides, particularly during the first half. Lunch time kick offs have never been popular and don't work either. It's completely illogical to compare us directly with other teams in Europe. Again, you need to put those clubs into the historical and cultural context out of which 'things like the Poznan' emerge. The cultural and social fabric of football fans have ultimately changed. There will always be that small group of fans, who want to stand, sing, get pissed, and I'd love this to be faciliated in a way which works (cheaper beer prices, safe standing campaign introduced when most fans stand during specific periods at specific ends anyway which is unsafer) kick off times going back to 3pm and ticket price reductions. But these things aren't going to happen, and ultimately, some 'city experience' department working for the club, is merely some silly middle class bureaucratic idea, which lies at the heart of the problem anyway.

Spot on.

How about splitting the away fans in to 2 parts of the ground.one section normal prices one section expensive corporate tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.