Atmosphere at Eastlands

warpig said:
wont work freestyler. more or less all that second tier you highlighted is designated corporate 2011/12. even if it wasn't, you'd never be able to split that spiral for home/away fans (only access to them seats).

You could split it this way?

15rla86.jpg

Freestyler said:
25akzyg.jpg

Obviously GREEN represents AWAY, RED area represents HOME, and where the main atmosphere will be.

the away fans pushed around the corner, for some games they have both tiers. i know about the difficulty with the second tier, but it can be done. for the game with teams who bring little to eastlands, they just have the bottom.

the people who are in and the 3-4 blocks around the 211 area, they could move to the second tier of the SS, i think most wouldn't mind, some might disagree.

but this is the only possible way to move the away fans, and create a better one for us.

3rd tier never gonna happen, simple solution sort out the second tier inside, coach part still right behind the stand, it's there to be done.

That's exactly what I've been banging on about here:http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/v...294&hilit=give+eastlands+it's+kippax#p4102294

It could be done if the club wanted to, that's obvious to everyone.

if the away fans are moved its imperative the club advertise that the new bit made available is a singing section, and try and advise people with young families away to a different part of the ground

Freestyler said:
25akzyg.jpg

Obviously GREEN represents AWAY, RED area represents HOME, and where the main atmosphere will be.

the away fans pushed around the corner, for some games they have both tiers. i know about the difficulty with the second tier, but it can be done. for the game with teams who bring little to eastlands, they just have the bottom.

the people who are in and the 3-4 blocks around the 211 area, they could move to the second tier of the SS, i think most wouldn't mind, some might disagree.

but this is the only possible way to move the away fans, and create a better one for us.

3rd tier never gonna happen, simple solution sort out the second tier inside, coach part still right behind the stand, it's there to be done.

A little to far into the East stand imo but your on the right track.

I'M SORRY TO BE A PAIN.

But the club 'will not' relocate the away fans ATM, regardless of how anyone works things out. The club have looked at this in detail and have spoken to the appropraite authorities.

As I've already said, Danny Wilson took me through a presentation showing me why the away fans can't be moved. It's not currently possible due to the layout and configeration of the stadium. Only if and when the stadium is expanded will the away fans be moved.

Here's a radical idea. It's a thought, so don't bite my head off.

For future FA Cup games close the reaming SS blocks, 109, 110 and 111. Put all those fans in the lower tier of the North Stand. That way you get one end full of away fans, which can't be changed, but you have the other end full of City fans who want to sing. At least that way the team won't be attacking an empty North stand and the away fans can't get going because there are no home fans near them. Just a thought, so no abuse please.

Carl_Man_City said:
if the away fans are moved its imperative the club advertise that the new bit made available is a singing section, and try and advise people with young families away to a different part of the ground
Yeah it's crucial that the club advertise it as the singing stand new Kippax or whatever.

I remember when we tried to do operation one end in the south stand vs Wigan who they were only allocated the top tier, fans were organising to get together in the south stand to stand up and sing, and the club advertised those seats where we were moving to as family deal seats. It was a disaster.

jrb said:
I'M SORRY TO BE A PAIN.

But the club 'will not' relocate the away fans ATM, regardless of how anyone works things out. The club have looked at this in detail and have spoken to the appropraite authorities.

As I've already said, Danny Wilson took me through a presentation showing me why the away fans can't be moved. It's not currently possible due to the layout and configeration of the stadium. Only if and when the stadium is expanded will the away fans be moved.

For future FA Cup games close the reaming SS blocks, 109, 110 and 111. Put all those fans in the lower tier of the North Stand. That way you get one end full of away fans, which can't be changed, but you have the other end full of City fans who want to sing. At least that way the team won't be attacking an empty North stand and the away fans can't get going because there are no home fans near them. Just a thought, so no abuse please.

Why can't they be moved then mate? What are the exact reasons?

Going to the extreme.

Now you tell me that the club didn't help or weren't involved in that scene.

bvbfan1.jpg

What City and their officals need to do is to go to places like Dortmund, speak to the club and their supporter branches and see how the club, the supporters branches and fans help each other to create a better atmosphere. There are numerous other clubs as well, where club and supporters make an effort to create a better atmosphere.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 am --<br /><br />
WNRH said:
jrb said:
I'M SORRY TO BE A PAIN.

Why can't they be moved then mate? What are the exact reasons?

Stadium layout.
Entrance and exit issues.
Crossover of home and away supporters.
Access to facilities for away fans.
Disabled supporters to take in consideration.
Local council, H&S, Police and policing concerns.

As it is, the Police are happy with the current set up. In my opinion they would resist any change. That would trickle down to the Council and their H&S dept, etc.

Don't foeget, the world, especially UK, has gone PC mad. Examples. No flares, no flags at OT unless they were under a certain size, only City songs using the megaphone, remember the no screw caps rule at the start of COMS. I could go on and on. It's potty. ;-(

All this stuff about not being able to move the away fans is bull IMO. At the swamp rival fans are normally locked in after the game until the home fans are out. Ive also been on a few occassions where they let you out straight away directly onto that road outside the megastore. If the police are fearful of trouble, simply keep them in the ground.

Personally i think the away fans need to be moved into the corner where the current singing section is. That would give us 80% of the SS minimum as well as encouraging more from the East Stand into singing. Whether its right or wrong, fans that sit next to the away fans generally stand up and sing much more.

To all the people that want to sit down and enjoy the game without constantly standing (dont moan to stewards forcing them to evict fellow blues), get them moved to the Colin Bell stand or East Stand level 3 (at the same price). And kids should not be used as an excuse to sit down as i never had a problem standing on a seat when i was younger like a lot of kids that were around me.

Also i think scarves look much better than flags unless their is loads of them. They would however need to be all different sizes showing different things. The Chelsea flags look manufactured on CL nights.

A big problem is to many people move in to 111/south stand yet don't want to help create an atmosphere, they just stand there so they can tell there mates they stand there. Moving in the away fans, creating singing sections are all great ideas but these areas are filled up with to many people who arent willing to contribute.

Add to that the high roofs and small tiers make COMS a atmosphere no go zone, I think we actually do well to create the decent (at times) atmosphere we do now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.