Atmosphere at Eastlands

Just a quick point on the safe standing issue.

It's already happening all over the country and at most grounds. But it isn't safe standing as fans are standing infront of seats, that are knee high.

It's about time the Government and the PL held their hands up and acknowledged that fans are standing again of thier own free will at football matches and can't be stopped.

Why not make it official policy once more and allow each club to make one stand or one lower section/tier of a stand safe standing. Where is the problem with that?

jrb said:
Just a quick point on the safe standing issue.

It's already happening all over the country and at most grounds. But it isn't safe standing as fans are standing infront of seats, that are knee high.

It's about time the Government and the PL held their hands up and acknowledged that fans are standing again of thier own free will at football matches and can't be stopped.

Why not make it official policy once more, and allow each club to make one stand or one lower section/tier of a stand safe standing. Where is the problem with that?

Totally agree with this!

The amount of time I've come away from games (block 110) with bruise shins is bad.
For the derby there was at least 2 people per seat on my row because people come from all areas where they can't stand. A big standing area would be much safer.

dennishasdoneit said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
Knock down the South Stand and rebuild it as 1 single tier.

I actually had a dream that the bottom tier all around the stadium became a terrace and everyone would stand in their position half an hour before kick off, with no loud music, just singing City songs, singing each players name as they warmed up and turned to have banter with the away fans, so by the time the players came out, everyone was charged up. The players also didn't shake hands at the start, they just ran straight on to the pitch to the roar of thousands of Blues all stood together. We scored, the place went crazy, I woke up, buzzing at such a cool dream, but felt sad, knowing that will probably never happen.

been having the same dream about the terrace all round the bottom tier-all around the stadium. also another good point,why do the players have to bother shaking hands at the start of the match-save that for after-its namby pamby and a load of bollocks.

Said it before,and i,ll say it again-bring safe standing back to football and get the atmosphere back inside football grounds before this great game of ours dies on its feet.At this critical point of the season loads of fans are feeling the pinch,financially.How good would it be if they had the choice of matchday purchases of standing tickets at half the price of seats?

For those who say it will never happen,fair enough thats your opinion,but are you the same fans that will be rushing to pay £55 at chelski, and paid similar amounts at the swamp and arsenal and NEVER SAT DOWN ALL MATCH?? so much for seating being safer? its time we,as fans reclaimed the game,brought back cheaper match day options,reduced our outlay,increased the atmosphere(always better at away matches when everyone is stood up throughout) and stop football dying on its feet..excuse the pun.
watching the notts county fans having a party in the away end ,stood up and going mental, and comparing it to the majority of city fans sat down in silent, i wondered why i have put up with this bollocks for so long-watching a game nowadays is so far removed from twenty years ago-its no wonder folk are voting with their feet.

I agree! I think football is becoming arose and worse, year by year. The CoMS is not a special place to go and support my team. It's a lovely athletics stadium. Where I sit in 105 I'd have a great view of a long jump comp, in the third tier I'd have a great view of a javelin comp; it's not a football stadium. There's no buzz in the ground, it's silent more than it's noisy and it's most often just averagely dull. This isn't just at or club, it's almost everywhere. I watch German football and I reckon we're light years behind them for atmopsheres. Here it's almost pathetic a lot of the time.

All this at a time when I want to feel a complete buzz about the potential MCFC has, I honestly look around during some games and think "this is seriously dull!"

How hard is it really to get an atmosphere. Lets all practice now. Boooooooooooooooooo. Your shit. Get him off.. :-)

Firstly its been mentioned turning off the PA before kick off might improve things, however most people don't turn up until 10-15 minutes before kick off. Well before turning the PA off, they need to address that, and they could quickly address it, and that would be by making the food and drink inside the stadium, affordable and better quality.

I, like many others, turn up 5 minutes before kick off for good reason, I can get far cheaper food and drink elsewhere, and I refuse to be ripped off to buy rubbish.

Sadly Ric, they can have all the surveys and meetings they want, but the bottom line is whether they actually are interested in what the fans think, and its my impression that they aren't, for example the plan to turn level 2 corporate, we don't fill the corporate areas we have now, so increasing its size isn't going to help fill it. What it will do is alienate long standing supporters by increasing prices and making people move. Its simply a stealth price increase, because there are now few places to actually relocate to. As an example, the change to the north stand becoming a family stand. It was quite frankly a joke (didn't affect me), and witness the attendances at cup and night games, the stand is often less than half full. All it achieved was many people moved (and invariably charged more), and alienated.

Moving the away fans now (as suggested by the graphic higher up the thread - with good intentions I know) will lead to people, (me for one) being moved to either a less good, or more expensive seat, against my wishes, and it won't achieve much.

One thing that certainly makes for a better atmosphere is a winning team, playing attractive football, which for the most part has already improved the atmosphere, so why fix what isn't broken.

In block 119, South Stand, there are some younger lads, must be about 16-20 or something, that are about 5 rows up. They just stand there, pissed out their faces, trying to set the atmosphere up all game. They remind me of what my generation were like at that age, except we got a response. One of the lads has acquired the nickname 'Chesney', because of his hair colour. The banter amongst them and the crowd round them is top, and it needs to be spread around. We need more young lads like them, because they are keen to get the crowd going.
I like the idea of having designated seats for the main singers, this would mean that these guys would have a louder voice. Would people sing more, if there were more people singing around them? I think so.
As for the seats that aren't in the singing sections, these guys need the flags and scarves. This could get them a little more up for the match, and then they might feel more involved in the atmosphere. The 'family stand' needs moving up into L3, where they can't be seen. Don't care less about health and safety. The second tier needs improving, enough said.

cleavers said:
Firstly its been mentioned turning off the PA before kick off might improve things, however most people don't turn up until 10-15 minutes before kick off. Well before turning the PA off, they need to address that, and they could quickly address it, and that would be by making the food and drink inside the stadium, affordable and better quality.

I, like many others, turn up 5 minutes before kick off for good reason, I can get far cheaper food and drink elsewhere, and I refuse to be ripped off to buy rubbish.

Sadly Ric, they can have all the surveys and meetings they want, but the bottom line is whether they actually are interested in what the fans think, and its my impression that they aren't, for example the plan to turn level 2 corporate, we don't fill the corporate areas we have now, so increasing its size isn't going to help fill it. What it will do is alienate long standing supporters by increasing prices and making people move. Its simply a stealth price increase, because there are now few places to actually relocate to. As an example, the change to the north stand becoming a family stand. It was quite frankly a joke (didn't affect me), and witness the attendances at cup and night games, the stand is often less than half full. All it achieved was many people moved (and invariably charged more), and alienated.

Moving the away fans now (as suggested by the graphic higher up the thread - with good intentions I know) will lead to people, (me for one) being moved to either a less good, or more expensive seat, against my wishes, and it won't achieve much.

One thing that certainly makes for a better atmosphere is a winning team, playing attractive football, which for the most part has already improved the atmosphere, so why fix what isn't broken.

Can anyone spot Cleavers?

HP4155-001.jpg

Only joking mate. ;-)

One thing is certain though, you don't like change of any description. :-)

danburge82 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
been having the same dream about the terrace all round the bottom tier-all around the stadium. also another good point,why do the players have to bother shaking hands at the start of the match-save that for after-its namby pamby and a load of bollocks.

Said it before,and i,ll say it again-bring safe standing back to football and get the atmosphere back inside football grounds before this great game of ours dies on its feet.At this critical point of the season loads of fans are feeling the pinch,financially.How good would it be if they had the choice of matchday purchases of standing tickets at half the price of seats?

For those who say it will never happen,fair enough thats your opinion,but are you the same fans that will be rushing to pay £55 at chelski, and paid similar amounts at the swamp and arsenal and NEVER SAT DOWN ALL MATCH?? so much for seating being safer? its time we,as fans reclaimed the game,brought back cheaper match day options,reduced our outlay,increased the atmosphere(always better at away matches when everyone is stood up throughout) and stop football dying on its feet..excuse the pun.
watching the notts county fans having a party in the away end ,stood up and going mental, and comparing it to the majority of city fans sat down in silent, i wondered why i have put up with this bollocks for so long-watching a game nowadays is so far removed from twenty years ago-its no wonder folk are voting with their feet.

I agree! I think football is becoming arose and worse, year by year. The CoMS is not a special place to go and support my team. It's a lovely athletics stadium. Where I sit in 105 I'd have a great view of a long jump comp, in the third tier I'd have a great view of a javelin comp; it's not a football stadium. There's no buzz in the ground, it's silent more than it's noisy and it's most often just averagely dull. This isn't just at or club, it's almost everywhere. I watch German football and I reckon we're light years behind them for atmopsheres. Here it's almost pathetic a lot of the time.

All this at a time when I want to feel a complete buzz about the potential MCFC has, I honestly look around during some games and think "this is seriously dull!"

I,ve always hated COMS. can,t stand the place.it has no soul,is dull and univiting.Walking up to the staduim doesn,t give me any goose-pimples like Maine Road did.
I,ve not missed a single domestic game this season but have been bored so many times at Coms. i realize this isn,t the clubs fault..the all seater stadium rule is still in force,as is the no drinking in sight of the pitch(unless its a rugby match or a pop concert???) ..its down to the fans to do somthing,lobby the club who in turn could maybe lobby the powers that be to rip the seats out of parts of the ground...for me, it can,t happen soon enough.

Have the club actually said they will actively seek to rehouse the away fans so we can have the whole of the South Stand, both tiers, as City fans (if our fans want to move ofc)

jrb said:
Can anyone spot Cleavers?

Only joking mate. ;-)

One thing is certain though, you don't like change of any description. :-)
4th row from the back, 12th in from the right.

Seriously, I've no problem with change at all, but only if it is soundly based, two examples in my post, the north stand, and the level 2 corporate, neither were/are soundly based, the family stand is rarely full, and we never fill corporate.

I don't want to change my seat to allow the away fans to move, it won't achieve anything atmosphere wise, I'll lose a great view, probably have to relocate somewhere less good/more expensive.

flipmode said:
Have the club actually said they will actively seek to rehouse the away fans so we can have the whole of the South Stand, both tiers, as City fans (if our fans want to move ofc)
No its just one of many suggestions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.