Atmosphere at Eastlands

move the away fans to 112/110 and make the whole of the bottom tier of the south-stand standing like they have at schalke:

portrait_arena_panorama.jpg

For league matches, the North stand is left as standing rows (capacity: 16,307) to accommodate the Schalke 04 fans, while for international matches, these are converted to seats (capacity: 8,600)

surely if schalke can do it, we the richest club in the world can.

WNRH said:
warpig said:
wont work freestyler. more or less all that second tier you highlighted is designated corporate 2011/12. even if it wasn't, you'd never be able to split that spiral for home/away fans (only access to them seats).

You could split it this way?

15rla86.jpg

This is exactly right! There is nothing that anyone (the GMP [or should that be GiMP?], MCC, MCFC, the Sheikh himself) could say that could persuade me that this cannot and should not be done. It's just pure laziness that would prevent it. Martin O'Neil moved the away fans at Villa Park because he said they were in too much of a prime spot behind the goal, did it cause such resistance? No! And we have a perfectly symetrical stadium and thus it would be ten times easier to handle, it's just a move around a little bit.

For me the only reason for our singing section is the away fans. Being near the away fans is what forces a singing. It's disappointing that not everyone joins in, but I think it's just the way it is nowadays.

im_still_here said:
move the away fans to 112/110 and make the whole of the bottom tier of the south-stand standing like they have at schalke:

For league matches, the North stand is left as standing rows (capacity: 16,307) to accommodate the Schalke 04 fans, while for international matches, these are converted to seats (capacity: 8,600)

In germany though most clubs are run by the fans, they generally care what the fans want and do what they can to achieve the amazing atmospheres they generate. In terms of fan experience the germans are miles ahead. Restrictions from police/ councils e.g no drinking in view of a pitch make it impossible to recreate over here, add to that owners care more about corps and families than the hardcore fans means were fighting a losing battle. As much as the club pretend to give a shit I hardly think it plays on garry cookes mind much, a football fans loyalty is the weakness which is exploited by these business men who have hijacked football.

matt_MCFC said:
For me the only reason for our singing section is the away fans. Being near the away fans is what forces a singing. It's disappointing that not everyone joins in, but I think it's just the way it is nowadays.
Might be right, but there's about 2000 either side of the away fans so we want to move all 4000 to one side.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
matt_MCFC said:
Might be right, but there's about 2000 either side of the away fans so we want to move all 4000 to one side.

Yes and then hopefully the new other side will join in with the 4000 on the other side and so on and so on! Haha!

im_still_here said:

Indeed! Being the richest club in the world isn't just about buying a load of players for a shit load of money and getting slagged off by the press constantly; it's so much more than that. And providing a proper stadium and proper vocal areas to make a special atmosphere are part of all this!

Ask LFC, their fans dragged them to a Champions Lg triumph in 2005. Do you think, if they had our stadium and set up as it is now, they would have got anywhere in that comp. Yes I know the players win the games but the whole set up of their stadium and the Kop they have sets everything up for them to be part of a proper spectical. It's special. The CoMS is far from special!

I do follow German football but I couldn't tell you the whole of Borussia Dortmund or Shalkes teams, but I know they both have very special stadiums and a proper PROPER stand each for their vocal fans. That big stand at Dortmund holds 25000 fans! One end at the CoMS holds 6000 fans! Dortmund are top of their league by 12 points and Shalke are looking like they'll be in the Champions Lg quarter finals but I admire them more for their stadiums, vocal stands and atmospheres!

Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
Knock down the South Stand and rebuild it as 1 single tier.

I actually had a dream that the bottom tier all around the stadium became a terrace and everyone would stand in their position half an hour before kick off, with no loud music, just singing City songs, singing each players name as they warmed up and turned to have banter with the away fans, so by the time the players came out, everyone was charged up. The players also didn't shake hands at the start, they just ran straight on to the pitch to the roar of thousands of Blues all stood together. We scored, the place went crazy, I woke up, buzzing at such a cool dream, but felt sad, knowing that will probably never happen.

been having the same dream about the terrace all round the bottom tier-all around the stadium. also another good point,why do the players have to bother shaking hands at the start of the match-save that for after-its namby pamby and a load of bollocks.

Said it before,and i,ll say it again-bring safe standing back to football and get the atmosphere back inside football grounds before this great game of ours dies on its feet.At this critical point of the season loads of fans are feeling the pinch,financially.How good would it be if they had the choice of matchday purchases of standing tickets at half the price of seats?

For those who say it will never happen,fair enough thats your opinion,but are you the same fans that will be rushing to pay £55 at chelski, and paid similar amounts at the swamp and arsenal and NEVER SAT DOWN ALL MATCH?? so much for seating being safer? its time we,as fans reclaimed the game,brought back cheaper match day options,reduced our outlay,increased the atmosphere(always better at away matches when everyone is stood up throughout) and stop football dying on its feet..excuse the pun.
watching the notts county fans having a party in the away end ,stood up and going mental, and comparing it to the majority of city fans sat down in silent, i wondered why i have put up with this bollocks for so long-watching a game nowadays is so far removed from twenty years ago-its no wonder folk are voting with their feet.

Freestyler said:
25akzyg.jpg

Obviously GREEN represents AWAY, RED area represents HOME, and where the main atmosphere will be.

the away fans pushed around the corner, for some games they have both tiers. i know about the difficulty with the second tier, but it can be done. for the game with teams who bring little to eastlands, they just have the bottom.

the people who are in and the 3-4 blocks around the 211 area, they could move to the second tier of the SS, i think most wouldn't mind, some might disagree.

but this is the only possible way to move the away fans, and create a better one for us.

3rd tier never gonna happen, simple solution sort out the second tier inside, coach part still right behind the stand, it's there to be done.
I'm in 210 and would love that.

I reckon a lot of it is the shape of the stadium though. If you watched Marseille tonight you'd have seen how steep and intimidating the stadium was. Everyone was really close to the pitch on one tier and the atmosphere was therefore amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.