Atmosphere today/moving seats

It is mate and i can't help but think when you expand your stadium will they lower season ticket prices for you, i doubt it i think it will just add more of the prawn sandwich brigade, West Ham have already promised £289 season tickets in their new ground

Yeah think your right mate, the club has said it'll make tickets affordable to fans from 16 to 21 because our average age of match going fans is 50 now, to be fair we've had a price freeze for a few years & our cup tickets have stayed the same cheapest price for about 10 years now, but its still expensive for club members to buy match by match tickets.

A few things, if the three tiers affected the Chelsea fans chants, didnt it have the same affect on City fans? or could it in the future?
Sometimes we have various chants all being sung at once by different sections even in the same tier sometimes but for the bigger games like in the CL for example the whole ground comes together even our normally quiet west lower & east upper's get involved, i'm not sure why but do you think City might end up being the same?
Like most grounds now certain games at ours are so quiet you can hear the players if your in the lower tiers, do you think your new fans group have had a major affect or was it also because of playing a title rival? reason i ask is because a group of Chelsea fans are trying to improve our atmosphere at home games.
It affected the Chelsea fans because the away fans are now spread through 3 tiers not two, and narrower, also I think the shite football you were playing, had quite a dampening effect too.

The reason it affected us in a positive way, is because the new level three has allowed a big reorganisation of fans, groups of mates now have seats together, in a completely new section, this has never been possible at the Etihad, with only a small number of seats available each summer. With much cheaper season tickets in this new section too, many have moved from more expensive seats, and wanted to be near the away fans, where the atmosphere is better, I'm paying £200 less a season, some even more.

On top of this, a fan group (1894) got together with the club, to take on the new seats available where the away fans used to be located in the south stand lower tier, to create a singing section. Others have probably moved similarly in the second tier vacated seats too, so overall we've got a lot more singers together in the south stand. Further the new flatter roof keeps the noise in, whereas the slope on the old one allowed it out.

We also had groups in different sections singing different songs, this should now hopefully be less.

If you want it better, when they reorganise the bridge, then you need to get talking to the club early, very early

It affected the Chelsea fans because the away fans are now spread through 3 tiers not two, and narrower, also I think the shite football you were playing, had quite a dampening effect too.

The reason it affected us in a positive way, is because the new level three has allowed a big reorganisation of fans, groups of mates now have seats together, in a completely new section, this has never been possible at the Etihad, with only a small number of seats available each summer. With much cheaper season tickets in this new section too, many have moved from more expensive seats, and wanted to be near the away fans, where the atmosphere is better, I'm paying £200 less a season, some even more.

On top of this, a fan group (1894) got together with the club, to take on the new seats available where the away fans used to be located in the south stand lower tier, to create a singing section. Others have probably moved similarly in the second tier vacated seats too, so overall we've got a lot more singers together in the south stand. Further the new flatter roof keeps the noise in, whereas the slope on the old one allowed it out.

We also had groups in different sections singing different songs, this should now hopefully be less.

If you want it better, when they reorganise the bridge, then you need to get talking to the club early, very early

Very interesting that mate, cheers for the reply.

I wouldnt want Chelsea to have an Ultra's type group like Palace for example, a group like City have is the right way to go imo, we have a new shed end group starting up who have been working with the club for a while now mainly regarding flag displays, they have arranged some quality displays in recent years, though as we all know flags dont sing, supporters do, this new group i hope will be able to convince the club that standing/singing all game is how it should be, another problem we have is our stewards & security are total arseholes.

While i'm glad we're staying at the Bridge i cant help feel a bit disappointed with the design because we all hoped it'd be much much better with proper singing areas.
Regards atmosphere & the tiers helping drown out the away fans, dont you think that might hinder City fans for being more up for certain games?
As we know football is tribal & there's nothing better than seeing 1,500/3,000 or whatever away invaders up & singing & kicking home fans in to life, maybe if City fans cant hear away fans they wont be so keen to get up & sing? obviously i dont mean your new 1894 group but the sort of fans that sometimes need a kick up the arse to wake them up.

Just reading through this thread, even as a fan of a rival club i enjoy reading about how great an atmosphere was & everything else that goes with it.

Also as a ground hopper & with Chelsea also having plans to rebuild the bridge with three tiers, its made it even more interesting for me.

I watched the game in a packed pub, with the sound fairly low but we could still hear the commentator, i didnt think at the time that it was that good an atmosphere, though i'm sure like me many of you have experienced the same sort of thing when watching a game in a pub, your mates get home raving about how good an atmosphere was when your thinking it wasnt that great, but i'm happy to stand corrected going by the posts on this thread.

A few things, if the three tiers affected the Chelsea fans chants, didnt it have the same affect on City fans? or could it in the future?
Sometimes we have various chants all being sung at once by different sections even in the same tier sometimes but for the bigger games like in the CL for example the whole ground comes together even our normally quiet west lower & east upper's get involved, i'm not sure why but do you think City might end up being the same?
Like most grounds now certain games at ours are so quiet you can hear the players if your in the lower tiers, do you think your new fans group have had a major affect or was it also because of playing a title rival? reason i ask is because a group of Chelsea fans are trying to improve our atmosphere at home games.

Our new design for the Bridge has away fans in the corner almost where they are now, the thin middle tier will be corporate along the sides with the middle tiers behind both goals for Chelsea's "singers" according to the club, many of us are not happy about having to have a three tiered stands behind the goal, we'd prefer to have one big single tier like Spurs are planning to have but due to various reason's it apparently cant happen.

When a club brings a small following what tier are they going to have? Hopefully it'll be the lower tier because i hate away fans up in the gods, i think that diminishes the atmosphere as well.

Also what about in cup ties? whats the allocation for away clubs & will they get the whole end?

Cheers in advance.

the two biggest things that have helped the atmosphere at city if pricing and reorganizing fans.

most of the new stand is full of working class lads now - that start the atmosphere off. secondly the 1894 group has been able to get groups of mates to stand near each other. all the singers are together now allowing other stands to join in more swell.

the two biggest things that have helped the atmosphere at city if pricing and reorganizing fans.

most of the new stand is full of working class lads now - that start the atmosphere off. secondly the 1894 group has been able to get groups of mates to stand near each other. all the singers are together now allowing other stands to join in more swell.

Great stuff & exactly how it should be, hopefully it really takes off for you & we'll follow suit.

another problem we have is our stewards & security are total arseholes.
We have the same, but it seems they are turning a blind eye in some sections.
we all hoped it'd be much much better with proper singing areas.
"hoping" won't get you far, you need to act or it won't happen, get that group organised and get the club to talk to them, not patronise them.
Regards atmosphere & the tiers helping drown out the away fans, dont you think that might hinder City fans for being more up for certain games?
As we know football is tribal & there's nothing better than seeing 1,500/3,000 or whatever away invaders up & singing & kicking home fans in to life, maybe if City fans cant hear away fans they wont be so keen to get up & sing?
Its early days, it was a big game, a new stand etc etc, however being in that section next to the away fans, and knowing my own, and all the group with me's motivation, and seeing like minded blues all around me, I think it will work, whether or not the away fans sing.

Interestingly there were few families, not many women, few older age, and no tourists, the main age group seemed to 16-50, mostly male.

Great stuff & exactly how it should be, hopefully it really takes off for you & we'll follow suit.

hopefully, I heard chelsea are reducing away fans when your ground is expanded ? biggest advice right now for your fans is sort this out now with the club get your fans groups together and work with your club.

We have the same, but it seems they are turning a blind eye in some sections.

"hoping" won't get you far, you need to act or it won't happen, get that group organised and get the club to talk to them, not patronise them.

Its early days, it was a big game, a new stand etc etc, however being in that section next to the away fans, and knowing my own, and all the group with me's motivation, and seeing like minded blues all around me, I think it will work, whether or not the away fans sing.

Interestingly there were few families, not many women, few older age, and no tourists, the main age group seemed to 16-50, mostly male.

I'll certainly be passing on some of the idea's ive read on here to various supporters groups at Chelsea, i'll also be paying more attention to your home support during live games from now on to see how its going ;-)

hopefully, I heard chelsea are reducing away fans when your ground is expanded ? biggest advice right now for your fans is sort this out now with the club get your fans groups together and work with your club.

I went to the consultation a month or so back & while away allocations maybe be reduced i dont think its by that many as far as i remember, i hope not thats for sure.

Just in reply to the chelsea lad if its a small away following ie we have bournemouth midweek in the autumn they might bring anywhere between 500 and 3000. Away clubs can be offered one tier at a time because if they take 2 or 3 tiers and dont sell out they have to pay for the empty seats. So its good really as if a club only brings a few hundred City can then re-sell the remainder to home fans.

The next stages are get ticket prices down all over and then push for safestanding sections. This would all ensure better atmospheres. All games need away fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.