Atmosphere tonight

Alex B said:
Fucking embarrassment last night.

This 'fan experience' the club seems to pride itself on now is shit for me, doesn't appeal in the slightest, the cringey videos the bands in city square, the half time cringefest games. Nah your alright.

And before anyone asks I go every game home and away and have done too long. Im actually considering not renewing next season which I never thought I would. Not that the club will be arsed and I fully expect some prick new fan to come along with a smarmy comment.

I know full well im not the only one either, the lads I go with and those ST holders who have been for years sat around me feel the same.

I saw 6 different people walking round with cameras on the end of a stick filming it all and then Roma fans in our end, I mean can you imagine that even as short as 5 years ago?!
Some good points about the club going in the wrong direction and trying to be a Scum lite so to speak. Its all well and good us all having a moan here but there must be someone or something that can be done because it needs looking at now?!?!
this

My view on it as a15 year old, who goes regularly to home and aways (even in Europe).

I know plenty of lads who would come and make an atmosphere, but for numerous reasons can't go. Whether that being no chance of a tickets (no problem with city on that one), or more importantly pricing. There's only me and my other mate who regularly go to aways, we've been in the 1894 Singing block and you can see the potential there. For me, it just feels like the club aren't doing enough, they throw token gestures but really they have to do more. We need a proper group to get through to the club, a petition or fan awareness of some kind.

If the tickets were priced right, and a designated area made for singing (for ease say two south stand blocks) you could easily get loads of young lads in; and by designated I mean only sell these tickets on the proviso you'll contribute to the atmosphere. If selling the tickets is hard, then just reduce the amount of tickets in this group.

Another point, I do believe some of our fans should actually give Europe some credit. The amount of snobbery I see on here about drums etc is frightening. The way I see it is some noise is better than none? So why don't we adopt some of the European stuff, constant flag waving etc. Surely one game wouldn't be bad as a try.

On the away fans, I do think we should've had them up in the gods from the off. It wouldn't be hard to give them some of the 3rd tier and say, you can have one spiral. Just shut it off from home fans, there's adequate enough exits as it is.

Just my look at things.

MCFCHOWELL said:
My view on it as a15 year old, who goes regularly to home and aways (even in Europe).

I know plenty of lads who would come and make an atmosphere, but for numerous reasons can't go. Whether that being no chance of a tickets (no problem with city on that one), or more importantly pricing. There's only me and my other mate who regularly go to aways, we've been in the 1894 Singing block and you can see the potential there. For me, it just feels like the club aren't doing enough, they throw token gestures but really they have to do more. We need a proper group to get through to the club, a petition or fan awareness of some kind.

If the tickets were priced right, and a designated area made for singing (for ease say two south stand blocks) you could easily get loads of young lads in; and by designated I mean only sell these tickets on the proviso you'll contribute to the atmosphere. If selling the tickets is hard, then just reduce the amount of tickets in this group.

Another point, I do believe some of our fans should actually give Europe some credit. The amount of snobbery I see on here about drums etc is frightening. The way I see it is some noise is better than none? So why don't we adopt some of the European stuff, constant flag waving etc. Surely one game wouldn't be bad as a try.

On the away fans, I do think we should've had them up in the gods from the off. It wouldn't be hard to give them some of the 3rd tier and say, you can have one spiral. Just shut it off from home fans, there's adequate enough exits as it is.

Just my look at things.

Not having a go...just out of interest.

How can you afford to go home and away and all cups?

On the flag waving......hate to be a moaning get but doesn't blocking the view of people behind who've paid a lot of money cause a bit of moaning?

MCFCHOWELL said:

I said this earlier in the thread - we have too many fans set in their ways who would rather have stony silence than new ideas. That you're 15 makes me think I'm right. Younger fans will be more open-minded to new ideas, but the stadium, thanks largely to pricing, is dominated by the older fan. Which is why getting not just younger fans, because that would be discriminating and many older fans would like new ideas (just not most it seems), but any fan with an open mind together in a specified area would be a step forward. Even if it's 200-300, that would be 200-300 on the same page, with the agreement that they will sing for as much of the 90 minutes as they can and possibly try new ideas without being shouted or laughed at. Surely not rocket science... are you reading City?

mancityvstoke said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

Just my look at things.

On the flag waving......hate to be a moaning get but doesn't blocking the view of people behind who've paid a lot of money cause a bit of moaning?
Still at the age were my dad funds my expenses ;) Although I do put too, we've had to start picking away games though. planned to go to Hull but price put us off.

It depends on the flags, size and what not. If the prices were cheaper and in a designated section where it could say "there will be flags or something" I don't think it'd cause that much of a problem.

LoveCity said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

I said this earlier in the thread - we have too many fans set in their ways who would rather have stony silence than new ideas. That you're 15 makes me think I'm right. Younger fans will be more open-minded to new ideas, but the stadium, thanks largely to pricing, is dominated by the older fan. Which is why getting not just younger fans, because that would be discriminating and many older fans would like new ideas (just not most it seems), but any fan with an open mind together in a specified area would be a step forward. Even if it's 200-300, that would be 200-300 on the same page, with the agreement that they will sing for as much of the 90 minutes as they can and possibly try new ideas without being shouted or laughed at. Surely not rocket science... are you reading City?
Exactly, even if only for cup games. There's surely to be a block they could hold off completely that isn't selling well.

I think you could guarantee also, that if you did get 200-300 people in a block of this kind that many wouldn't be regulars. I could probably get about 5 or 6 easily and only 2 regularly go to the matches. That says something about the demographic of our fans.

MCFCHOWELL said:
mancityvstoke said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

Just my look at things.

Still at the age were my dad funds my expenses ;) Although I do put too, we've had to start picking away games though. planned to go to Hull but price put us off.

It depends on the flags, size and what not. If the prices were cheaper and in a designated section where it could say "there will be flags or something" I don't think it'd cause that much of a problem.

ok matey..........sounds like a plan

mancityvstoke said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

Just my look at things.

And the response to this young lads view says it all the flag will obscure the view, fooking ell go to the theatre my friend , football is about atmosphere and letting go from the mundane day to day , if you stand up for a second you have someone like yourself moaning, get some flags get some atmosphere and forget about this plastic match day experience shit, stop that shit music before the game , get the blue moon back silence and let the crowd make the atmosphere not the fooking tannoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.