Atmosphere yesterday

Absolutely gutted the atmosphere has become so shit. Saw a tweet from a rag trying to take the piss out of our atmosphere - it's got that bad! It'll get to the stage very soon where other fans forgot we ever had passionate fans

How strange that we're finally challenging for titles again, having a better reason that most fans of other clubs to get behind the team and the atmosphere is worse than it's ever been.

CitizenTID said:
Absolutely gutted the atmosphere has become so shit. Saw a tweet from a rag trying to take the piss out of our atmosphere - it's got that bad! It'll get to the stage very soon where other fans forgot we ever had passionate fans

How strange that we're finally challenging for titles again, having a better reason that most fans of other clubs to get behind the team and the atmosphere is worse than it's ever been.

Paul Dickov said the other day, the worse we got, the better the fans were... Now the reverse is happening!

I remember thinking when The Sheik took over "man if we are playing good football & fighting for a top 4 spot, this place will be bouncing". How wrong was I, it's got worse gradually since then.

5% of the ground sings regularly, if at all! I remember The Platt lane, Kippax & North Stand all singing even when Maine Road was all seater.

:'(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92RLvOrBZU[/youtube]

I remember the 1894 Group saying the club would play old music to get fans into their seats quicker. I heard Boys in Blue for about 15 seconds just before they came out, which quickly became Right Here, Right Now.

TBF to the club, they have that great video that says "15 minutes to go, please take your seat" then highlights of great moments and our fans........... while about 5,000 people have actually taken their seat, with the South Stand and Kippax corner mostly deserted.

A good atmosphere should begin to build before kick-off IMO, but when our singing sections can't fill up before kickoff, not much hope of that.

Uwe Roslers Grandad said:
They all have a point. Two years ago we took them over the line. Now people go and watch City like it's an entertainment factor. 'Oh there's Aguero' the guy who scored a few years ago...

That's being a bit too kind to ourselves. The atmosphere at 1-2 versus QPR was dreadful. Just a few people trying to keep things going.

Happened again today in 111 as well. Most frustrating thing about trying to get some support going is that it's always the same few people who will join in and help. If Dzeko misplaces a pass you pretty much have entire sections rolling in the aisles frothing at the mouth.

There's too many who just cop out of the responsibility of getting behind he team. Same people who tell you that it's the players responsibility to get the crowd going are the same sort who seem to take it for granted when we're 3 up and head off to beat the traffic.

You wonder what David Silva thinks of it when he takes a game by the scruff of the neck when we're offering nothing as fans. Particularly when he's seen what a partisan crowd can achieve like a at Anfield last week. Saddest thing about it is that we used to have one of the best atmospheres in the country.

gazmedina said:
Uwe Roslers Grandad said:
They all have a point. Two years ago we took them over the line. Now people go and watch City like it's an entertainment factor. 'Oh there's Aguero' the guy who scored a few years ago...

That's being a bit too kind to ourselves. The atmosphere at 1-2 versus QPR was dreadful. Just a few people trying to keep things going.

Happened again today in 111 as well. Most frustrating thing about trying to get some support going is that it's always the same few people who will join in and help. If Dzeko misplaces a pass you pretty much have entire sections rolling in the aisles frothing at the mouth.

There's too many who just cop out of the responsibility of getting behind he team. Same people who tell you that it's the players responsibility to get the crowd going are the same sort who seem to take it for granted when we're 3 up and head off to beat the traffic.

You wonder what David Silva thinks of it when he takes a game by the scruff of the neck when we're offering nothing as fans. Particularly when he's seen what a partisan crowd can achieve like a at Anfield last week. Saddest thing about it is that we used to have one of the best atmospheres in the country.

Exactly mate. Everyone goes to a game for their own enjoyment. I sit/stand in 110 but I've sat in a couple of different seats this year when mates have come. If you so much as get out of your seat people look at you like you are a hoolligan from the 80's. Each to their own and not saying everyone should do this or that at a game but the sooner the club puts everyone who wants to make an atmosphere together then it will hopefully make it more intimidating for teams to come.

I was looking forward to seeing if anfield inspired us to get behind the team. Couldn't have been more wrong. The rest of the premier must be pissing themselves at what we've become.

BoundedCascade said:
Is part of it an acoustics problem with the stadium itself? Or is it simply down to the fans?

Well put this way the moans and groans sound great. Nothing to do with acoustics. It's purely down to whether you have a desire to back your team you support. We have none apart from a couple of hundred in the corner.

I remember The Lane buzzing under Harry, it was full of noise in the early days

Now you get the poor atmosphere. I guess that's what happens when expectations are so high.

I was shocked at seeing COMS so empty and quiet yesterday. Season ticket holders not turning up is not good

City are a team going for the premiership title and yet the fans hardly seemed up for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.