Attacks in Paris

Sounds callous, but think objectively rather than subjectively. If we are going to allow people into Europe then they need to have background checks. I like our governments stance of taking refugees from Syrian camps as well - disincentives them to make that horrendous journey.

Whatever happens, all refugees should be temporary, which simply won't be the case with the huge numbers Merkel invited.

Well they would do, considering they are balls deep in whats going on.

So what do we do? I'm very concerned at the way this IS thing is going

Depressingly, I don't think there is a solution. You just have to try and contain as best you can. Which in itself is a pretty bleak prospect.

It wasn't boots on the ground that fucked up Iraq and Afghanistan. It was the fact that we had no government to take over. In Afghanistan, there is none. On Iraq, we had Saddam. Brutal as he was, he didn't allow this element to carve out a state in his domain. In Iraq, we were dumb to sack everyone involved with the previous administration. Those unemployed government officials started the insurgency.

In Syria, we have Assad. Reinstall him, as Russia is attempting. Kill Isis. It cannot survive with the death of their caliph, Al Baghdadi, against Assad with western backing. That's how Isis can be stopped. They are not a shadowy guerilla group. They are a real state with towns and checkpoints and materiel.

Depressingly, I don't think there is a solution. You just have to try and contain as best you can. Which in itself is a pretty bleak prospect.

Yep it's hard to deal with half a dozen of Brain washed people who get hold of guns make bombs and go on a spree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.