Attendance for Dortmund? Also banners/flares/inflatables?

JGL07 said:
dawlish dave said:
39642. Now can the fans who are all over the bluemoon site demanding the club spend millions expanding for a demand that does not exist give up,if we can sell out champ league games then fill in the corners,simples eh.

United haven't sold out a Champions' League group match in years.

The planner is showing only a handful of seats available.

I suspect there are seats in the third tier that are not included on the planner but will be available at the box office.

Around 45,000 attendance.

Dont forget that both United and Citys capacity is cut by approx 2000,due to larger UEFA sponsorship hordings around the bottom 2 or 3 rows at the front.

I'm happy for the stadium to stay the same size, people who can't be arsed to go to champions league games after years of begging for European football don't deserve to be fit into semi finals or derbies.

In my opinion the stadium is terrible for the atmosphere, away fans put inbetween our two groups of singers? Makes no sense to me, and small tiers are known for being quieter than large stands and kop's.

We should build a stadium designed to encorperate state of the art facilities and atmosphere rather than spending millions on increasing capacity to an athletics stadium.

Also ultra's are a good idea, just get rid of the drums and bands, no free plastic flags. Fans who want a spectacular view, just bring a scarf, or buy a banner just like at Liverpool.

Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone, but I go every game and I would have sold a lung to see us where we are now this time last decade!

Unfortunately Loukas, it's an indictment of the UK game that an atmosphere can't be created at home without the majority of it being aimed at away fans. Its 80% 'banter' and 20% support. That's why 'one end' hasn't worked.

philiph20 said:
Never can understand the logic of some on here who say there is no need for stadium expansion, EVERY league game bar Fulham 18 months ago has sold out hence the need for expansion.

How many City fans who wanted to get a ticket for the recent Arsenal or QPR games couldn't? 10,000? 5,000? 2,000? or a few hundred?

It seems to me that games are selling out earlier this season but does that mean that lots of new fans are trying to get tickets and can't or that the existing fans are buying their ticket earlier just to be sure? Do league games sell out on the day that tickets become available?

If there are thousands of City fans who are being locked out of league games why aren't they snapping up tickets for the CL or Capital One games?

I dont know how much it would cost to expand the Etihad to 60,000. Liverpool reckon it will cost £150m to upgrade Anfield to that capacity but it would seem likely that it would be much cheaper at the Eithad. However it will still cost a decent sum. And if we're only going to get an extra couple of thousand on average, its unlikely that it will be financially viable.

In a perfect world, we would up the capacity while decreasing the ticket prices..surely the number of ticket sales sold even though the cost is less would even itself out especially considering the increased revenue from food & store sales due to an increase in the no. of people? If season tickets were cheaper, and match day tickets were cheaper, im sure people would have more money to spend on cup games and especially Champs League games.

Without brown-nosing German football too much, they have the highest average capacity of all the major leagues and their atmosphere is spot on. I think they also have standing, but thats another debate and will arguably never happen in England ever again.

shevtheblue said:
In a perfect world, we would up the capacity while decreasing the ticket prices..surely the number of ticket sales sold even though the cost is less would even itself out especially considering the increased revenue from food & store sales due to an increase in the no. of people? If season tickets were cheaper, and match day tickets were cheaper, im sure people would have more money to spend on cup games and especially Champs League games.

Without brown-nosing German football too much, they have the highest average capacity of all the major leagues and their atmosphere is spot on. I think they also have standing, but thats another debate and will arguably never happen in England ever again.

The Bradford Bulls RL club had that idea. Slash the price of season tickets and make it up with increased merchandising and beer sales. They went bust.

One of the problems with the idea is that if fans have paid a pittance for their ticket they often don't bother turning up, so the beer queues don't increase. And if they're only going to go to half the games they don't buy a shirt. Sponsors soon realise that they're paying the rate appropriate to the official attendances when there are only 75% of that number actually in the ground.

Does it really matter how many fans we have there main rd used to rock and was miles louder than coms and we only had 34k there

cibaman said:
shevtheblue said:

The Bradford Bulls RL club had that idea. Slash the price of season tickets and make it up with increased merchandising and beer sales. They went bust.

One of the problems with the idea is that if fans have paid a pittance for their ticket they often don't bother turning up, so the beer queues don't increase. And if they're only going to go to half the games they don't buy a shirt. Sponsors soon realise that they're paying the rate appropriate to the official attendances when there are only 75% of that number actually in the ground.
haha i think we'll knock that idea on the head then mate! although we're not bradford bulls and i cant ever see rugby league being as popular as football, what you say makes total sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.