Attendances

There are still many non-currently-attending Blues out there. The expansion of the South Stand and the correctly priced tickets have brought many back to the ground and I think this could well happen again for the North Stand. Happy days.

There are still many non-currently-attending Blues out there. The expansion of the South Stand and the correctly priced tickets have brought many back to the ground and I think this could well happen again for the North Stand. Happy days.

I didn't go that much last season as I thought the ticket pricing was crazy, I gave the club both barrels when they sent an email survey as to why I had not renewed my membership.

Hopefully quite a few thousand more did the same and someone at the club took notice. Went to the Watford game and loved it up in the 3rd tier, lots of chants going and everyone enjoying the football on show. The North stand is inevitable now if the club wants to improve match day revenue and it shows if you price it right people will come.

I honestly think in 3 years time we will have a 20000 capacity end with smart technology where people can pay a tenner for kids and 25 pound for adults via automatic ticket systems dotted around Manchester and the ground and our attendances will regularly be above 60000. It's not that hard or difficult to make happen.
That would take us close to 70k?!

I honestly think in 3 years time we will have a 20000 capacity end with smart technology where people can pay a tenner for kids and 25 pound for adults via automatic ticket systems dotted around Manchester and the ground and our attendances will regularly be above 60000. It's not that hard or difficult to make happen.
That would be a fantastic setup Worsley . City have an upward momentum and the capacity needs to be there for the future demand. I don't think they care if there are a few empty seats at certain matches as its about the long game not the present.

Exciting times!

When we were in the 3rd division, there were a whole bunch of people I know, who started attending regularly, more or less every game. The reason being, that it was relatively easy to get tickets (& of course much cheaper). When everything kicked off, it became more difficult to get tickets, & pretty much all of them stopped going & have rarely been back since, just the occasional game, usually on a freebee, say if I can't go or a complimentary etc .

These are a bunch of people who paid to watch shite, but don't now pay to watch Silva & Aguero, but are all still City fans.

If we could find some way of getting these kind of people (& in some cases their kids) attending just a handful of games per season, I'm sure we would be oversubscribed for the next expansion already.

Not every City 'fan' is actually a 'fanatic'. Plenty can do without it. But plenty of those love it when they do go & sing, cheer as loud as anybody. Back in the day, it was 'fancy going to the match ?' 'Yeah! I'll phone Fred & Harry & see if they fancy it as well!' And off they went.

We already have the extra fans. They come to the Champs League and domestic cup games. The Club will have the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if each month we have 60k to 70k of different Blues in the ground.

We've seen the growth of the £299 tickets so the North Stand expansion would see more affordable seats. The biggest hurdle could be finding extra corporate Blues - if the business case depends on it?

I agree. I posted on the Juve thread that there weren't many "old faces" around me at that game but that the "newbies" were real Blues and not CL day trippers to anywhere near the extent of previous CL games. The FA Cup games have already been like that for the past few seasons. The demand for cheap, standard tickets is already there and is still growing. When we do go to 60,000 (in 2018?) I expect posts demanding further expansion. In 3 years time 60,000 won't be enough if we continue to be successful. As you say I don't think the demand is there for additional corporate seats at present. Manchester is a more limited market than London for those types of seats. To grow in that area we probably need a direct transfer of business from Old Trafford. In 3 years time though it's highly possible we will get that.That would really hurt the scum financially.

You can buy Barcelona tickets from an ATM,a "La Caixa" machine,is that the road you think we may go down?

i think you have to weigh up the cost of building the extra tier on the north stand with the benefits of a full house for a select few games.
if we are touch and go to sell all the tickets for matches against watford and west ham,its hard to see how it would be viable unless there is a radical change in matchday ticket prices
Any sell out at 55k means the club are losing money.

Also, with FFP not including money spent on stadium building means any cost is not an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.