Attendances

Taken from the newcastle website.............

Due to high demand, Newcastle United have been given a bigger allocation for their trip to table-toppers Manchester City in the Barclays Premier League next month.

Originally they were only allocated seats in the first tier which sold out quite quickly. The extras are the other two tiers but they have been on sale for a while now.

Some piss poor away followings this season - Surely Newcastle will bring 3000??

I'd like to think so. They reckon they took 5,000 to the swamp (probably exaggerated) and 2,200 to West Ham. In fairness though they are playing shite and demand is bound to reduce as the season progresses.

Last edited:
I'd like to think so. They reckon they took 5,000 to the swamp (probably exaggerated) and 2,200 to West Ham. In fairness though they are playing shite and demand is bound to reduce as the season progresses.
5k to the swamp is a miracle given that they would only have been allocated 3k

Still the odd single left on the online ticket planner. Looks like blocks normally allocated to the visitors have been allocated to City so it doesn't look like Newcastle have taken the full allocation. I hope they bring 3,000. Both North East clubs have got a great support given the quality of their teams. Their fans deserve better. Remind you of someone?

Both North East clubs have got a great support given the quality of their teams. Their fans deserve better. Remind you of someone?

Both of them are so similar to us pre takeover it's untrue. I'd say Sunderland's level of support is probably on a par with ours all things considered. Newcastle potentially are probably bigger. I went up there for the 2012 Yaya game and the number of Scots who follow Newcastle as their "PL team" shocked me. Amazing that neither club has won anything since 1973.

Both of them are so similar to us pre takeover it's untrue. I'd say Sunderland's level of support is probably on a par with ours all things considered. Newcastle potentially are probably bigger. I went up there for the 2012 Yaya game and the number of Scots who follow Newcastle as their "PL team" shocked me. Amazing that neither club has won anything since 1973.

In 91 their average attendance was under 17,000 in the second tier. I used to stop at a garage every night on the A1 in the late 90s when I drove the night trunk up to Newcastle, and used to chat with the same Newcastle fan most nights. They were selling out at 36,000 per game and I remember him telling me that every one of those 36,000 will swear blind they were one of the 16,000 from a few years ago.

In 91 their average attendance was under 17,000 in the second tier. I used to stop at a garage every night on the A1 in the late 90s when I drove the night trunk up to Newcastle, and used to chat with the same Newcastle fan most nights. They were selling out at 36,000 per game and I remember him telling me that every one of those 36,000 will swear blind they were one of the 16,000 from a few years ago.

Mate there's a similar City legend where absolutely everyone was at the relegation match v Swindon in the early 60s. Crowd was about 4500 I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.