Attendances

A quick glance at the planner shows less than a thousand left. More seats will appear from unsold corporate, premium seats and seat exchange but we must have sold 50k already. A lot will obviously depend on how many Bournemouth bring (I can't see them selling anything like 3k) but we must be looking at 52k or 53k.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did sell the full 3k. It's their first season in the Premier League. They have a tiny stadium too so I imagine there are many that can't get into home matches that would be up for a game like this if the full allocation isn't taken up by season ticket holders.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did sell the full 3k. It's their first season in the Premier League. They have a tiny stadium too so I imagine there are many that can't get into home matches that would be up for a game like this if the full allocation isn't taken up by season ticket holders.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong. Interestingly they are selling them on a priority basis so they must think that the demand is there. I don't think they took particularly large followings away last season but I guess visiting the big PL stadiums, like The Etihad, is a novelty for them. It would be great to set a new stadium record for a match like this.

the club have obviously waived that system where the away club have to pay for any unsold seats. That's why we are getting unfilled away allocations. Good call.

I am not sure if I understand this situation. Surely City cannot give a full allocation to teams when there is no indication given as to the number of seats they will sell. Especially given that City fans could fill the all those empty seats if they are made available. Presumably if the away team can only guarantee to fill the first two tiers for example then the third tier, in it's entirety, should be allocated to City fans.

I agree,am sure they will sell out as well,big day out for them that they might not get the chance to do again for a while,unless they stay up of course,which they could still well do

I am not sure if I understand this situation. Surely City cannot give a full allocation to teams when there is no indication given as to the number of seats they will sell. Especially given that City fans could fill the all those empty seats if they are made available. Presumably if the away team can only guarantee to fill the first two tiers for example then the third tier, in it's entirety, should be allocated to City fans.
I think DD is wrong, otherwise WHU and Watford wouldn't have sent the top tier back
Newcastle obviously felt they would sell them all, they were wrong

My understanding is that under the old rules if a club asked for a limited allocation (first tier only) they were only charged for the tickets they sold. If they asked for the full allocation they were charged for the lot regardless of whether they sold them or not. Now I believe they can, if they are being bloody minded, ask for the full allocation and still only be charged for seats sold.

I think DD is wrong, otherwise WHU and Watford wouldn't have sent the top tier back
Newcastle obviously felt they would sell them all, they were wrong

Because, unlike last year, City aren't sure of being able to sell that top tier themselves, so offer them on a Sale or Return basis for games like WHU and Watford.

Newcastle fans were going mad over the last couple of seasons with their club only taking the bottom tier, but that's because NUFC weren't sure they could sell the full 3K and didn't want to risk a bill. I'm guessing that's changed now. But someone like WHU would know for definite they didn't need that top tier so just wouldn't take it. I'd imagine the respective ticket offices always communicate on that basis.

I know i'm not making much sense here and I've got no proof, but I'm pretty sure that City have relaxed that policy for clubs who think they will sell somewhere between 2 and 3K. If the game was a big one I think things would change.

Because, unlike last year, City aren't sure of being able to sell that top tier themselves, so offer them on a Sale or Return basis for games like WHU and Watford.

Newcastle fans were going mad over the last couple of seasons with their club only taking the bottom tier, but that's because NUFC weren't sure they could sell the full 3K and didn't want to risk a bill. I'm guessing that's changed now. But someone like WHU would know for definite they didn't need that top tier so just wouldn't take it. I'd imagine the respective ticket offices always communicate on that basis.

I know i'm not making much sense here and I've got no proof, but I'm pretty sure that City have relaxed that policy for clubs who think they will sell somewhere between 2 and 3K. If the game was a big one I think things would change.
You're making a lot of sense
Another poster above says there's been a change at all clubs this season, although I haven't read of this
Maybe NU took the full allocation because of all the previous complaining from their fans, who then let them down on Saturday by being short by about 500 tickets

You're making a lot of sense
Another poster above says there's been a change at all clubs this season, although I haven't read of this
Maybe NU took the full allocation because of all the previous complaining from their fans, who then let them down on Saturday by being short by about 500 tickets

Ah that's interesting. I didn't know that things were changing elsewhere. I'd be surprised if Ashley would risk a £20,000 bill, though, because that's what it would have cost him. He's a right tight twat.

I would say Newcastle sold 2/3 of the top tier so maybe had 2500 there.

Seemed a lot of empty seats in North/Family stand today and in the corporate seats in the East Stand despite it saying sold out.

There was a lot of empty seats with 5 mins to go that's for sure!

I thought Newcastle would sell it out, but I refer to my earlier post in that you can only say 6-7 teams will bring the full 3k allocation - and maybe a surprise team - possibly Bournemouth?

With regards to the empty seats at the end, we had won comfortably so I wasn't surprised. I honestly don't get those leaving with 5 mins + injury time left and it's say 1-1, ( or those at half time ) but if your 5 goals up then I can see why. TBH I now sit 3rd level East Stand after 12 years on level 2 East Stand, and if I don't go just before the final whistle from my new seat ( which I don't ) I know I have to wait a good 10 mins before I can even make my way towards an exit, never mind get out, the stewards left before me on Saturday it's literally that bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.