Attendances

I tried to get tickets for this months ago & it was 'sold out' pretty quickly. Tickets then appeared on the official website for the most expensive 2 categories & then briefly for the 3rd category. As usual loads of tickets were available immediately at exorbitant prices on the various ticketing sites with greedy bastards trying to fleece fans for a game against the only amateur team in the competition. Managed to get a pair of the cheapest £50 tickets through a mate before the defeat against Australia & to be honest I was in 2 minds whether to go. Like others I suspect many got a refund rather than watch a dead rubber. Anyway we went down early to Albert Square to watch the other games & had a decent day out. Seats were on the back row of the South Stand 3rd tier so at least I got to check out the great view from the new stand.

Worsley your our resident seat counter what happened to the attendance last night when it should have been a record with no segregation etc ?

I knew it wouldn't be packed after it became a dead rubber and also the way the seats were sold. Ours is a big impressive stadium and tough to fill. We are doing great in spite of the usual jibes. Some prick on the Mrs Facebook was slagging it off last night saying city not used to big crowds. I pointed out that it was 3 to 4 k lower than usual and he should stick to counting mice droppings at the swamp.

That would make a lot of sense
The guy I spoke to had forked out £350 for two tickets for him and his son.
If I'd had done that I'd have taken a hit "on the train loss and got my money back if at all possible, although he was travelling first class

So Squirty how come you can afford first class, thought that we are all working class "blue collar". Just wait until Ken the landlord hears of your betrayal.
It was great to see the poor turnout for the egg chasers we would have taken some stick if they had done a Grimsby v Wolves on us.

So Squirty how come you can afford first class, thought that we are all working class "blue collar". Just wait until Ken the landlord hears of your betrayal.
It was great to see the poor turnout for the egg chasers we would have taken some stick if they had done a Grimsby v Wolves on us.
Lol
It was business, not pleasure
I'd been giving a seminar in Swindon

I knew it wouldn't be packed after it became a dead rubber and also the way the seats were sold. Ours is a big impressive stadium and tough to fill. We are doing great in spite of the usual jibes. Some prick on the Mrs Facebook was slagging it off last night saying city not used to big crowds. I pointed out that it was 3 to 4 k lower than usual and he should stick to counting mice droppings at the swamp.
Not at all having a go at city but carnt weigh up that has been stated tickets sold out in 2 hours ended up with 4000 empty seats .if it was some sort of plan by the RFU then 4000 x £100 was a bit of a loss for them

Squirty's so gentrified that he's one of us, now.

Not at all having a go at city but carnt weigh up that has been stated tickets sold out in 2 hours ended up with 4000 empty seats .if it was some sort of plan by the RFU then 4000 x £100 was a bit of a loss for them
My brother in law is in the army a nd there was a scheme for the military to apply for free world cup tickets, there were none available for yesterday until England got knocked out and suddenly a lot were returned. I know he didn't take one at the last minute. That may account for quite a few, don't know how many though.

Went last night and most gaps in level 2 Colin bell. Also lost about a 1000 seats due to blocked areas as restricted views for the cameras. Great atmosphere but it wasn't city so never the same.
So all in all only about 2500 shy of full house, which I reckon was people with tickets giving it a miss, rather than spend more.
I hope to god the Mexican wave doesn't become a city match day occurence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.