Attendances

Having worked lived and visited the South coast and noted each areas particular delights and not so delightful attractions I can be quite certain that one thing the people of Bournemouth do not like are `Scousers` unfortunately inbetween the funeral parlours there lurks many a rag.

They still probably haven't recovered from when Leeds wrecked the place!

1894 PLANS FOR BOURNEMOUTH

If you are in the south stand lower don’t be shy, get involved on the concourse before the game and please take it out into the stand.

Bournemouth is like Watford, West ham, Newcastle. A game where people are expecting a win and will probably sing when we score.

Why can’t it be like the Chelsea game. Sing regardless ?

We need your help guys, no matter what part of the stadium you are in. It doesn’t matter who is making the noise as long as someone somewhere is doing it and other fans are joining in.

We are going to try and lift it again this Saturday. So please remember :

We don’t have a divine right to win every game no matter how much we’ve spent.

The players need our backing and our patience. Teams park the bus at our place and up to us to make it intimidating for the opposition team.

Being a City fan is about passion. It actually doesn’t really matter what the score is. It didn’t matter in the bad old days. We sang regardless and we were persistent.

Don’t be shy and don’t be scared of shouting out loud. Have that extra beer and let yourself go. CITY TIL WE DIE.

1894 PLANS FOR BOURNEMOUTH

If you are in the south stand lower don’t be shy, get involved on the concourse before the game and please take it out into the stand.

Bournemouth is like Watford, West ham, Newcastle. A game where people are expecting a win and will probably sing when we score.

Why can’t it be like the Chelsea game. Sing regardless ?

We need your help guys, no matter what part of the stadium you are in. It doesn’t matter who is making the noise as long as someone somewhere is doing it and other fans are joining in.

We are going to try and lift it again this Saturday. So please remember :

We don’t have a divine right to win every game no matter how much we’ve spent.

The players need our backing and our patience. Teams park the bus at our place and up to us to make it intimidating for the opposition team.

Being a City fan is about passion. It actually doesn’t really matter what the score is. It didn’t matter in the bad old days. We sang regardless and we were persistent.

Don’t be shy and don’t be scared of shouting out loud. Have that extra beer and let yourself go. CITY TIL WE DIE.

Gotta be honest, I think the South Stand lower has been pretty quiet overall. Only really breaks out in song for a couple of minutes after we score.

I was hoping for a wall of noise and constant singing no matter if we were winning or not.

Gotta be honest, I think the South Stand lower has been pretty quiet overall. Only really breaks out in song for a couple of minutes after we score.

I was hoping for a wall of noise and constant singing no matter if we were winning or not.

im not part of the 1894 group just passing it on so no worries :).

Yeah I do agree, I just think alot of people giving up motivating especially when we were losing to juventus, west ham and newcastle etc but thats when the team needs it most. 3rd tier has made the atmosphere alot better though but hopefully we are 2/3-0 up half time and we can enjoy the 2nd half...

Fingers crossed ;-)

Having worked lived and visited the South coast and noted each areas particular delights and not so delightful attractions I can be quite certain that one thing the people of Bournemouth do not like are `Scousers` unfortunately inbetween the funeral parlours there lurks many a rag.
Well observed mate. There was an influx of Scouser to Boscombe in the late 80's early 90's. I seem to recall it came about as a result of a change in policy in the Thatcher Government's social security department. I think the rule changed about where you could sign on. Following this change it no longer needed to be at your 'home' address. It was a putative attempt to make the workforce more mobile. Accordingly, given the guile of Liverpudlians, in no time at all a load of unemployed Scousers started turning up at this district in Bournemouth. Created their own little enclave. There's been a simmering resentment from 'locals' ever since.

Personally, I actually like Scousers, but I don't expect the denizens of Hampshire are all quite as well disposed towards people who hail from Liverpool, especially unemployed ones.

Well observed mate. There was an influx of Scouser to Boscombe in the late 80's early 90's. I seem to recall it came about as a result of a change in policy in the Thatcher Government's social security department. I think the rule changed about where you could sign on. Following this change it no longer needed to be at your 'home' address. It was a putative attempt to make the workforce more mobile. Accordingly, given the guile of Liverpudlians, in no time at all a load of unemployed Scousers started turning up at this district in Bournemouth. Created their own little enclave. There's been a simmering resentment from 'locals' ever since.

Personally, I actually like Scousers, but I don't expect the denizens of Hampshire are all quite as well disposed towards people who hail from Liverpool, especially unemployed ones.
Spot on as usual, Gordon.
The odd thing about Bournemouth is, I've never met anyone who's said they are from the place. That's probably due to it, in part, being a shit-hole full of stag do's, hen nights and two team miss-fit wankers.

The odd thing about Bournemouth is, I've never met anyone who's said they are from the place. That's probably due to it, in part, being a shit-hole full of stag do's, hen nights and two team miss-fit wankers.
It's got to be be one of the richest towns in the country and yet the town centre is pretty appalling, at least it was last time I was there. A forward thinking and visionary local authority could have made that town a proper powerhouse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.