Attendances

It's got to be be one of the richest towns in the country and yet the town centre is pretty appalling, at least it was last time I was there. A forward thinking and visionary local authority could have made that town a proper powerhouse.
Me and the missus were last there in 1976.It was like Manchester on a rock face.Shit hole of a place and full of old fuckers.We`d probably fit in nowadays.

It's got to be be one of the richest towns in the country and yet the town centre is pretty appalling, at least it was last time I was there. A forward thinking and visionary local authority could have made that town a proper powerhouse.
The problem is it's stuck somewhere between a seaside town and a city with sprawling suburbs that are more than happy for it to be the former.
You know a place is fucked up when one of its flagship hotels, the Royal Bath, is now little better than a two bit gin joint dressed as lamb.

The problem is it's stuck somewhere between a seaside town and a city with sprawling suburbs that are more than happy for it to be the former.
You know a place is fucked up when one of its flagship hotels, the Royal Bath, is now little better than a two bit gin joint dressed as lamb.
There's something especially tragic about a faded seaside business.

If towns don't move forward they get left behind. Manchester's resurgence in recent years is due to a forward thinking local council, as much as any other factor.

Friends of mine have just left Bournemouth to move back north.
Cornwall has the seaside towns nailed for the most part. Beautiful but with surf, and savvy rustic nosh.

Sat atop Tate St. Ives overlooking Porthmeor beach, glass of IPA and slab of sourdough is pretty much heaven.
Has St. Ives got a footy team with premier league potential?!

Manchester's resurgence in recent years is due to a forward thinking local council, as much as any other factor.
Very true, we've been to Bournemouth a few times in the last 4 or 5 years, and its getting a bad press in this thread. Compared to many other big seaside towns in this country, its pretty good, like many towns its got its bad points, but compared to say Blackpool its a great place.

Sadly it will be full of rags, but so are most other towns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.