Aug 12th 2012....Your Club needs you !

borninm14 said:
I am going to this but it never ceases to amaze me how certain people have the inability to realise that it is becoming too fucking expensive for the average fan to keep shelling out for games.

Unless of course you are one of these middle class bastards we have inherited over the last five years.

I'm with you on this, we should get people to show receipts at the turnstyle for their weekly food shop, anyone who shops at Waitrose or Marks and Spencer shouldn't be allowed in.

dannybcity said:
cityboy5 said:
If it was at wembley , st James park or trafford park I would'be gone but Villa Park is not a good venue for me.

What's wrong with Villa Park?
It's hard to explain it just doesn't feel like a grand final should be played there. It always reminds me of a semi final stadium.

cityboy5 said:
dannybcity said:
cityboy5 said:
If it was at wembley , st James park or trafford park I would'be gone but Villa Park is not a good venue for me.

What's wrong with Villa Park?
It's hard to explain it just doesn't feel like a grand final should be played there. It always reminds me of a semi final stadium.

CS is no Grand Final.

OABAAB said:
Disappointing to see some blues see this as a glorified pre-season friendly! Short memories???? How many of us dreamed for years and years of earning the right to play in the charity/community shield game even once never mind twice on the trot! Before you judge it as a"glorified pre-season friendly", remember what we did to get to play in it!!!!

But it is just a glorified pre-season friendly, and I've always said that. The only reason I wanted to us to play in it is because it would have meant we had achieved a little bit of success the previous season.
If we win it, that's fine. If we lose, that's fine too. I, nor the players, won't be arsed either way. It will be nice to see how we play in a tough match with this new system.

I'll be there, and I'm looking forward to it, but that's because it's a chance to see City playing live again. Winning the Community Shield to be honest means very little to me, being in the match means a hell of a lot because of what we did to get there.

I don't get why anyone would be "embarrassed" by what others may think should they see a few empty seats on tv next weekend. Are some people really that precious?

In this day and age football is too expensive. Tickets for this game should have been £20 across the board, £45 is too much. The prices for what is essentially a friendly will keep many people away.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
OABAAB said:
Disappointing to see some blues see this as a glorified pre-season friendly! Short memories???? How many of us dreamed for years and years of earning the right to play in the charity/community shield game even once never mind twice on the trot! Before you judge it as a"glorified pre-season friendly", remember what we did to get to play in it!!!!

But it is just a glorified pre-season friendly, and I've always said that. The only reason I wanted to us to play in it is because it would have meant we had achieved a little bit of success the previous season.
If we win it, that's fine. If we lose, that's fine too. I, nor the players, won't be arsed either way. It will be nice to see how we play in a tough match with this new system.

Precisely.

If you offered me now that we lose the Charity Shield 5-0 then beat Southampton 1-0 then I'll snap your hand off.

peoffrey said:
It's a glorified friendly and I'm disappointed with Villa Park as the venue despite it being fair for both sets of fans. Part of me is thinking "fuck it" and just buying a ticket but I'll save my money for Champions League matches.

What?

You honestly choose not to go and watch City as you don't like the venue?

Good god.

It seems like it will sell out now, slowly getting there. Although some people need to stop moaning about people not going, it's because of these ridiculous prices and quite frankly I was debating wether to go or not. I'm quite glad it isn't at wembley because I have cut all the London games out of my mind. I'll be struggling to get to Birmingham on my wage, never mind London.

People are saying its just a pre season friendly, & they cant afford it, but some have paid out to go abroad for some of the proper pre season friendly's which must of cost more than going to villa park.
We are going on Sunday & the total cost for myself & the 4 that are going is...
Ticket £35.
beer, bought from Tesco £5 (crate of 24)
fuel. £10
eats £5 (homemade butties etc)
Total cost per person £ £55.
We would probably all spend that going to the pub to watch it, lets face it , it can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it.

Each to there own & I for 1 hope that we win the game as it is another trophy to put in the cabinet.

quinny's disco pants said:
People are saying its just a pre season friendly, & they cant afford it, but some have paid out to go abroad for some of the proper pre season friendly's which must of cost more than going to villa park.
We are going on Sunday & the total cost for myself & the 4 that are going is...
Ticket £35.
beer, bought from Tesco £5 (crate of 24)
fuel. £10
eats £5 (homemade butties etc)
Total cost per person £ £55.
We would probably all spend that going to the pub to watch it, lets face it , it can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it.

Each to there own & I for 1 hope that we win the game as it is another trophy to put in the cabinet.

£5 for crate of 24? Is it horse piss?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.