Aug 12th 2012....Your Club needs you !

CtidBlueMooner said:
Just seen that Community Shield tickets have gone to General Sale.
Unbelievable...we've just had our most successful season in 44 years and we can't even muster the support to fill what is a far smaller allocation than we had this time last season at Wembley.

So if you're going...great, I'll see you there. If you know mates that aren't going...pressure them to go. The shitstorm we'll get on TV will be embarrassing if there's pockets of empty seats dotted around.

Come on Blues...let's fill Villa Park and welcome the Premiership Champions.

Are you seriously saying that you didn't expect anything else ?????

Because i did ...

the simple truth is that most City fans couldn't give a rats arse about the Community Shield , because even winning it means little.

And by the way , i was at Wembley last time out to see the rags beat us 3-2 ....... whereas three 'dedicated' rags in my avenue , who all hold Swamp season tickets , weren't!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Got mine :-)

I could afford to go but didn't see the value of spending loads of dosh on a friendly.
After all, the Norwich game in May is likely to be category 'A' and the tickets might cost £56. :-)

My choice though....

CheethamHillBlue said:

I could afford to go but didn't see the value of spending loads of dosh on a friendly.
After all, the Norwich game in May is likely to be category 'A' and the tickets might cost £56. :-)

My choice though....

Agree mate..I must be one of the "middle class bastards" that a previous poster mentioned. WTF.....

Disappointing to see some blues see this as a glorified pre-season friendly! Short memories???? How many of us dreamed for years and years of earning the right to play in the charity/community shield game even once never mind twice on the trot! Before you judge it as a"glorified pre-season friendly", remember what we did to get to play in it!!!!

CheethamHillBlue said:

My choice though....

Agree mate..I must be one of the "middle class bastards" that a previous poster mentioned. WTF.....

Are you only MIDDLE CLASS? :-)

CheethamHillBlue said:
CheethamHillBlue said:

My choice though....

Are you only MIDDLE CLASS? :-)

:-).Just off to Henley for the regatta later.

8 of us going. Loud n proud blues - as someone has posted - remember what we have done to play in this "friendly" Years gone we dreamt of these times.

If anyone fancies just giving me the money I'll go, the fact is between the ticket and the travel cost it would cost me far too much money and right now I'm enjoying the simple pleasures of 10p noodles.

A Rag mate of mine (I know, I know...) sent me a text, after last years CS game, asking "On a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed are you, now?". Funny thing was, I wasn't that arsed about losing the thing.
I replied that I would be a hell of a lot more disappointed if we weren't competing for it next year.
And I suppose that sums up the way that I feel about it. It's the only piece of silverware in English football that it's more important to qualify to compete for it than it is to actually win the darn thing.

Completely Off -Topic Footnote Alert:
Of course, he never let it go and whenever we'd meet up in the boozer, he'd ask 'was it eight or nine out of ten?' etc etc. Then, of course... one famous derby day, I got to send him a text asking him, "on a scale of 1 to 6 how disappointed are you now?" I read it out to my son before I sent it. He instantly put it on the Facebook page of one of his college pals and before you know it, the slagging of two old farts, who still taunt each other like we're schoolchildren, went viral and everybody was using it.

Far too busy pissing my hard earned up the wall at the moment I'm afraid. If it was at wembley I woulda dipped into the ISA and it woulda been a top day out cos most of my City mates and fam woulda gone. As it is, Villa doesn't really appeal to me but I'm sure it will be a top day for those that go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.