Avanti west coast trains

I'd like to use them for the semi final but I can't because the useless fuck wits at the FA, the Trevor Bastard Brookings in their blazers and free lunch cannot make one simple decision.

They seemed to have things pretty well organised on Saturday. There was a couple of trains lined up side by side at Piccadilly in the morning and I think they held back the one coming home for a while to get as many on as possible.

And didn’t seem too fussy about what train people were booked on. Just seemed happy to get everyone there and back. Good to see a bit of common sense.

Word on the street is that Avanti are handing the West Coast franchise keys back later this week, and the West Coast operation is going to the "operator of last resort".
Seems like it is going under direct Government operation, the same as LINER, TPE and Northern. Whether this will improve reliability remains to be seen!

Word on the street is that Avanti are handing the West Coast franchise keys back later this week, and the West Coast operation is going to the "operator of last resort".
Seems like it is going under direct Government operation, the same as LINER, TPE and Northern. Whether this will improve reliability remains to be seen!

I think Northern has improved in the last couple of years. Well apart from on Sundays, which have been a total shit show ever since Christmas.

But Avanti just seems to be gradually getting worse and worse. I had no great love for Virgin but I reckon you’d be hard pressed to find any regular traveler who thinks they weren’t infinitely better than this shower.

Hopefully going into government control will bring an upturn.

One of their directors jumped ship last week.

The fucker is coming to my lot.

One of their directors jumped ship last week.

The fucker is coming to my lot.

The only negative for me is that me & my other half have got Avanti first class passes as I retired from there. It was made clear we'd keep them as long as Avanti retained the franchise, so not completely unexpected.
At least we've got our BR "boxes" for life so can still get out and about.

The only negative for me is that me & my other half have got Avanti first class passes as I retired from there. It was made clear we'd keep them as long as Avanti retained the franchise, so not completely unexpected.
At least we've got our BR "boxes" for life so can still get out and about.
One of the best things won for BR workers.

Made up for the shite pay at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.