AVB sacked/Abramovich. (Merged)

Re: AVB for the chop ?

Danamy said:
Castiel, I know this may seem strange at the moment but believe me he is the man for the job, i just hope for your sake he's given the chance.

The job at Chelsea was always going to take this route regardless of who's in charge, it's a transitional period in which some strong charactors in the dressing room need to give there heads a wobble and start pulling some weight.

If this lad is given the chance to build HIS own squad (like Mancini has been given with ours) you could pose more of a threat to us than the rags in years to come.

Having said that if Red Rom gets a twitchy bum and hands him his P45 the outcome will be:

AVB >>>>> Inter Milan
Capello >>> Chelsea
The fan base is split down the middle on this. The main complaint is that he hasn't shown anything to suggest that he IS the man for the job yet. The recent reports with a dressing room insurrection also appear to be substantiated judging by the disjointed performances and body language on the sidelines (Lampard completely blanked him today at tactical instructions). A lot of it is no doubt media hyperbole, but it feels like we're in the middle of a civil war.

By all accounts, Napoli should tear us to pieces. If they do, I can see that being the breaking point.

Stevie B said:
Castiel said:
Urgh we are so shit.

What?

You spoilt little child.... 5th in the Prem, still in the FA Cup and Champs League... and you're shit?

LoL, you don't know the meaning
Seriously fellow look at the way our fans react on here when we aren't beating an excellent Porto by 2 goals after twenty minutes. If we struggled like that against Birmingham? This place would implode.

Castiel said:
Danamy said:
Castiel, I know this may seem strange at the moment but believe me he is the man for the job, i just hope for your sake he's given the chance.

The job at Chelsea was always going to take this route regardless of who's in charge, it's a transitional period in which some strong charactors in the dressing room need to give there heads a wobble and start pulling some weight.

If this lad is given the chance to build HIS own squad (like Mancini has been given with ours) you could pose more of a threat to us than the rags in years to come.

Having said that if Red Rom gets a twitchy bum and hands him his P45 the outcome will be:

AVB >>>>> Inter Milan
Capello >>> Chelsea
The fan base is split down the middle on this. The main complaint is that he hasn't shown anything to suggest that he IS the man for the job yet. The recent reports with a dressing room insurrection also appear to be substantiated judging by the disjointed performances and body language on the sidelines (Lampard completely blanked him today at tactical instructions). A lot of it is no doubt media hyperbole, but it feels like we're in the middle of a civil war.

By all accounts, Napoli should tear us to pieces. If they do, I can see that being the breaking point.

You'll probably not want to hear this but forget all that kissing the badge bollocks from Lampard, he wants out and will be gone in the summer.

It's all about him along with a few other egos your carrying at the moment, your loss will be Inter's gain if AVB goes, that's for sure............

Castiel said:
Danamy said:

AVB >>>>> Inter Milan
Capello >>> Chelsea

Quite possibly although I think the wisest thing for Abramovich to do is what our ownership did, which is back the manager to the hilt. Lampard doesn't want to cooperate? He goes in the summer. Same for any of the others. If it doesn't work out next season, get rid of AVB in December so the new manager at least has the January window.

Fabio Capello was spotted at Stamford Bridge!

Capello.jpg

Castiel said:
Stevie B said:
What?

You spoilt little child.... 5th in the Prem, still in the FA Cup and Champs League... and you're shit?

Its all relative. When a Champions League club can't beat a Championship club, with a large chunk of their first team injured, at home, with a squad thinner than Kate Moss; thats relatively shit.
Did you ever witnes players of a similar standard to Gerry Creaney, Le B(r)adbu(r)y, Michael Frontzeck, etc etc ad infinitum? When you have witnessed those legends, only then do you know the true meaning of shit. Trust me.

taconinja said:
Stevie B said:
Castiel said:
Urgh we are so shit.

What?

Seriously fellow look at the way our fans react on here when we aren't beating an excellent Porto by 2 goals after twenty minutes. If we struggled like that against Birmingham? This place would implode.
Exactly, I think most people understood where castiel was coming from.

taconinja said:
Quite possibly although I think the wisest thing for Abramovich to do is what our ownership did, which is back the manager to the hilt. Lampard doesn't want to cooperate? He goes in the summer. Same for any of the others. If it doesn't work out next season, get rid of AVB in December so the new manager at least has the January window.
I agree with you. But we should have done this 5 years ago with Mourinho. I like AVB, I've defended him amongst our fans every day, but its really getting difficult with performances week by week showing no improvement. Transition is all well and good, but we don't appear to be transitioning into anything.

I also can't understand why, of all the world class managers we've had in the Abramovich era, Roman has backed this one unconditionally. Why not Mourinho, Ancelotti or Hiddink (though Hiddink was never going to be long term I suppose)?

I just hope Danamy is right and the suffering now helps us in the long term. Our only saving grace is that Arsenal and Liverpool are somehow even worse than we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.