AVB sacked/Abramovich. (Merged)

Re: AVB for the chop ?

Castiel said:
taconinja said:
Quite possibly although I think the wisest thing for Abramovich to do is what our ownership did, which is back the manager to the hilt. Lampard doesn't want to cooperate? He goes in the summer. Same for any of the others. If it doesn't work out next season, get rid of AVB in December so the new manager at least has the January window.
I agree with you. But we should have done this 5 years ago with Mourinho. I like AVB, I've defended him amongst our fans every day, but its really getting difficult with performances week by week showing no improvement. Transition is all well and good, but we don't appear to be transitioning into anything.

I also can't understand why, of all the world class managers we've had in the Abramovich era, Roman has backed this one unconditionally. Why not Mourinho, Ancelotti or Hiddink (though Hiddink was never going to be long term I suppose)?

I just hope Danamy is right and the suffering now helps us in the long term. Our only
saving grace is that Arsenal and Liverpool are somehow even worse than we are.

I hope Abramovich sticks with AVB because I believe he will become a great manager eventually and Roman can't keep sacking managers at the rate he has been because there will come a time when there is no-one left worth hiring.

I think the transition argument is justified. Chelsea have an ageing squad and AVB has designs on playing a different style of football to what they're used to. But it will take time to get it right. A gradual clear-out of the old guard is what is needed IMO. The Mata signing looks to me like a masterstroke and Sturridge is finally realising his potential so those are two of the biggest positives for you this season.

The trouble is, can Chelsea afford not to finish in the top 4 this season? With FFP now up and running it's arguably the worst possible time not to qualify for the CL.

Castiel said:
taconinja said:
Quite possibly although I think the wisest thing for Abramovich to do is what our ownership did, which is back the manager to the hilt. Lampard doesn't want to cooperate? He goes in the summer. Same for any of the others. If it doesn't work out next season, get rid of AVB in December so the new manager at least has the January window.
I agree with you. But we should have done this 5 years ago with Mourinho. I like AVB, I've defended him amongst our fans every day, but its really getting difficult with performances week by week showing no improvement. Transition is all well and good, but we don't appear to be transitioning into anything.

I also can't understand why, of all the world class managers we've had in the Abramovich era, Roman has backed this one unconditionally. Why not Mourinho, Ancelotti or Hiddink (though Hiddink was never going to be long term I suppose)?

I just hope Danamy is right and the suffering now helps us in the long term. Our only saving grace is that Arsenal and Liverpool are somehow even worse than we are.
My suspicion--and once again I might be completely 100% incorrect--is Abramovich saw what happened with us. Our owner backed the manager over the players and it was a tough transition but it's turned out better at first blush in a long-term manner. Not taking away from your success, but it's been something of a treadmill for managers and your squad is aging. I think at this point Abramovich regrets what happened with Mourinho at least on a professional level and is trying to alter the pattern.

Or who knows? Could be something different. Not like I have dinner with the man on his yacht. :)<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 am --<br /><br />
M18CTID said:
Castiel said:
taconinja said:

I just hope Danamy is right and the suffering now helps us in the long term. Our only
saving grace is that Arsenal and Liverpool are somehow even worse than we are.

I hope Abramovich sticks with AVB because I believe he will become a great manager eventually and Roman can't keep sacking managers at the rate he has been because there will come a time when there is no-one left worth hiring.

I think the transition argument is justified. Chelsea have an ageing squad and AVB has designs on playing a different style of football to what they're used to. But it will take time to get it right. A gradual clear-out of the old guard is what is needed IMO. The Mata signing looks to me like a masterstroke and Sturridge is finally realising his potential so those are two of the biggest positives for you this season.

The trouble is, can Chelsea afford not to finish in the top 4 this season? With FFP now up and running it's arguably the worst possible time not to qualify for the CL.
I think they can possibly afford one season of missing out but they'll have to reload quickly.

I'm not sure whether you know Castiel, but was it mainly Chelsea fans singing Jose's name or was it bluenoses taking the piss?

Also I think Ramires is a triffic player, but he has started to go down ridiculously easy and it does my head in....Just a minor rant there..

spurspinter1 said:
Also I think Ramires is a triffic player, but he has started to go down ridiculously easy and it does my head in....Just a minor rant there..
I think that's simply something we're stuck with from all clubs at some point. Both of our squads as well have had people go down ridiculously easy in the past few weeks.

taconinja said:
spurspinter1 said:
I think that's simply something we're stuck with from all clubs at some point. Both of our squads as well have had people go down ridiculously easy in the past few weeks.

Very true, but I think what annoys me is that Ramires is a fiesty little player who has no problem dishing it out but moans like a woman when he gets a smallest of touches against him. It'd be like seeing Parker or De Jong getting tapped and crying about it. They both brush themselves off and carry on.

spurspinter1 said:
taconinja said:
spurspinter1 said:

Very true, but I think what annoys me is that Ramires is a fiesty little player who has no problem dishing it out but moans like a woman when he gets a smallest of touches against him. It'd be like seeing Parker or De Jong getting tapped and crying about it. They both brush themselves off and carry on.
Good point. I wish it didn't happen. :-/

Also on the subject of Chelsea, Duncan Castles has an article in The Sunday Times for those that have a subscription, but I can't say how good it is because I'm not subscribing to read one article.

spurspinter1 said:
I'm not sure whether you know Castiel, but was it mainly Chelsea fans singing Jose's name or was it bluenoses taking the piss?

It started with the brummies then a section of the Matthew Harding joined in. Personally I'm disappointed to hear it because that isn't going to help the man. Gourley was there as well and he didn't look happy. AVB's support is certainly coming directly from Roman because our chairman looked like he was dying to sack him by the end.

Ramires has been injured twice this season from bad tackles so I've got no sympathy. :P

Castiel said:
spurspinter1 said:

It started with the brummies then a section of the Matthew Harding joined in. Personally I'm disappointed to hear it because that isn't going to help the man. Gourley was there as well and he didn't look happy. AVB's support is certainly coming directly from Roman because our chairman looked like he was dying to sack him by the end.

Ramires has been injured twice this season from bad tackles so I've got no sympathy. :P
I've heard fairly reliable journalists state that AVB is Abramovich's first definite choice, i.e. not committee driven choice, since Mourinho.

I'm hearing things are going from bad to worse within the camp, the bottom line is he's a dead man walking.

A handful of players aren't helping and it's making his position untenable

They already have a certain manager on the radar, so things not looking good for AVB.

The name i'm hearing isn't Capello...............

Danamy said:
I'm hearing things are going from bad to worse within the camp, the bottom line is he's a dead man walking.

A handful of players aren't helping and it's making his position untenable

They already have a certain manager on the radar, so things not looking good for AVB.

The name i'm hearing isn't Capello...............

Klopp? Bruce?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.