AVB sacked/Abramovich. (Merged)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Anyone remember the lap of honour Chelsea fans / players did at the end of their 2-1 win against us in December?

Didn't they move within 7 points of us or something at the time?
Now they are 20 behind!
Some lap of fucking honour that was!!
the way the whole stadium celebrated, i was actually waiting 4 a trophy presentation. 20 points, oh the ironing. Back to topic, i think top teams should be managed by mature men who been there, done that. Avb was out of his depth. Thank fck we have owners who backed bobby over cunts like tevez. Say our sheikh was the trigger happy abramovich, bobby would be gone n the vicious cycle like at chelski, would be the trend

Pat Nevin says they should get Moyes, wouldn't mind that, we'd then get 6pts from Everton per season instead of 1pt or 3pts, and Chelsea will always be a hard game whoever is in charge.

Castiel said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Castiel said:
What a circus.
You not impressed then? What's the general feeling from Chelsea fans? (don't trust forums as there's too much swing either way lol).
Pretty mixed. I feel sorry for him. The way some of the players got rid of him was just disgusting. I'm sure he'll go off to Inter or something and win plenty.

I'm sure they'll suddenly find form again now and demolish Birmingham. Unless they have a problem with RDM too. Seen it before when Hiddink came in for Scolari.
Did you think he was the right man for the job, and was making difficult decisions to benefit in the long term? Or d'ya just rekon he was clueless/out of his depth?

Bluemoon115 said:
Did you think he was the right man for the job, and was making difficult decisions to benefit in the long term? Or d'ya just rekon he was clueless/out of his depth?
I don't know to be honest. On the one hand some of the performances were absolutely dire. Sometimes he made substitutions that actually cost us games. He took Mata off a few times for someone like Mikel for no apparant reason (say, we were a goal down with 20 minutes to go).

On the other hand his record at Porto is no fluke. You can't go from a season like that to absolute shite in the space of a summer. He obviously has a lot to learn about top club management but the players have utterly disgraced themselves in my mind. Remember when Tevez started acting the twat? Imagine your board sacking Mancini over that, just to placate him. Thats pretty much how I feel.

Castiel said:
On the other hand his record at Porto is no fluke.

Not too tricky to do what he did with Hulk and Falcao at his disposal in a shite league.

Porto were a decent side and still are, they played some great stuff against us and with a decent centre forward to play alongside Hulk they'd have given us far more to worry about.

edit....meant to say that imo it was wholly predictable that he would fail at Chelsea, the Prem is a beast and he wasn't anywhere near ready for it.

Castiel said:
On the other hand his record at Porto is no fluke. You can't go from a season like that to absolute shite in the space of a summer.

It might not be a fluke but it might represent him at top form rather than standard form there are other managers who have had pretty inspired starts to their managerial career and then gradually sunk.
Roy Keanes first season at Sunderland was genuinely impressive.
I don't think he will necessarily go the same way and winning the Europa was pretty impressive but I think it is still too early to call his ability as a manager either way.
The players did him no favours but this does not make him a good manager.

Cityfan said:
Castiel said:
On the other hand his record at Porto is no fluke. You can't go from a season like that to absolute shite in the space of a summer.

It might not be a fluke but it might represent him at top form rather than standard form there are other managers who have had pretty inspired starts to their managerial career and then gradually sunk.
Roy Keanes first season at Sunderland was genuinely impressive.
I don't think he will necessarily go the same way and winning the Europa was pretty impressive but I think it is still too early to call his ability as a manager either way.
The players did him no favours but this does not make him a good manager.
I wasn't expecting him to come in and give us an invincible season, winning a treble on the way. But the sheer contrast of how great his Porto side was with how shite his Chelsea side is, was pretty incredible.

Just read the Wiki on AVB, quite interesting, didn't realise he got his start as a 16year old kid who lived in the same apartment block as Bobby Robson and they had a debate about team selection, probably in the hallway! Also his grandparents are from cheadle. It's great this internet ! LOL

Let's face it. The Portuguese league is a tin-pot league where only 2 teams ever win. AVB was out of his depth from start to finish. Clueless, classless and cretinous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.