AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

Re: AVB Sacked

Matty said:
AVB has a little (not much) sympathy from me. Bale was sold, and a lot of players were purchased, but you get the impression AVB wasn't exactly in control of who exactly they were signing. They are overloaded with midfielders, they could field 3 teams of them, but are short upfront, and at the back (especially left back). Plus those players signed don't readily fit into the formations, and with the tactics, AVB wanted to employ. All that being said, however, AVB was stunningly stubborn in his attempts to shoehorn players into his plans rather than come up with a way of utilising them best. Soldado is thye worst victim of all of this. A regular scorer in Spain, but one who is very much like Lineker was. Get it in the box and he'll score, but don't ask him to play with his back to goal, on his own, 25 yards from the net, and hold the ball up. Ultimately it's AVB's fault here, and after the humiliation he suffered at the Etihad there's no way he could survive Liverpool's mauling them at White Hart Lane.

What were the tactics AVB wanted to employ though? From speaking to Spurs fans considering the whole length of his tenure, other than a high line no-one is quite sure?

Matty said:
AVB has a little (not much) sympathy from me. Bale was sold, and a lot of players were purchased, but you get the impression AVB wasn't exactly in control of who exactly they were signing. They are overloaded with midfielders, they could field 3 teams of them, but are short upfront, and at the back (especially left back). Plus those players signed don't readily fit into the formations, and with the tactics, AVB wanted to employ. All that being said, however, AVB was stunningly stubborn in his attempts to shoehorn players into his plans rather than come up with a way of utilising them best. Soldado is thye worst victim of all of this. A regular scorer in Spain, but one who is very much like Lineker was. Get it in the box and he'll score, but don't ask him to play with his back to goal, on his own, 25 yards from the net, and hold the ball up. Ultimately it's AVB's fault here, and after the humiliation he suffered at the Etihad there's no way he could survive Liverpool's mauling them at White Hart Lane.

Sympathy?? he walks away with over £10m from 2 jobs where he failed, hes a 37 year old millionaire making his fortune out of repeated failure....I wish I had his problems....some people just have it so easy.
Cant see him ripping off another club in england after this though.

adrianr said:
Matty said:

What were the tactics AVB wanted to employ though? From speaking to Spurs fans considering the whole length of his tenure, other than a high line no-one is quite sure?

From his days with Porto and last year with Spurs it was all about the high press and creating chances with 1-2s in the attacking half. The problem is that he doesn't have a fcuking clue on how to create a counter attack when the team shouldn't commit numbers forward.

stony said:
Pigeonho said:
Pardew an outside bet?

Only if you like throwing money away
lol<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:11 pm --<br /><br />
alan47 said:
Matty said:

Sympathy?? he walks away with over £10m from 2 jobs where he failed, hes a 37 year old millionaire making his fortune out of repeated failure....I wish I had his problems....some people just have it so easy.
Cant see him ripping off another club in england after this though.
He's 36, sorry to be picky. It's a bit of a bug-bear of mine because as a relatively young man myself, also 36, i'm a couple of months older than AVB. Fucks me off that someone my age has been in control of 3 huge clubs like he has!

Re: AVB Gone!

I thought it was a bit rash..but then again it wasn't 100 million pounds of my money..I would've gave him more time they are only 5 points off first

I have a bit of sympathy for AVB despite the mistakes he has made. I think it is highly unlikely he did not buy any of the players. I think they bought terribly with no thoughts of team cohesion. They failed to strengthen their defence, which was very weak and everyone knew about it. Bought too many similar layers and left other areas woefully weak. Bought players from foreign leagues and then to make it worse only brought them in at the last minute all whilst selling their best player. He made mistakes and not tightening up when they were 2-0 down against City and Liverpool were the key ones for why he lost his job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.