AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

I like AVB. Good coach. Shame it's ended this way for him, but if the rumours are true and he didn't want half the players they gave him this summer, then he's better off out of it.

As for who Spurs get. I hope they get Crapello or Hoddle or some other dinosaur.

BillyShears said:
I like AVB. Good coach. Shame it's ended this way for him, but if the rumours are true and he didn't want half the players they gave him this summer, then he's better off out of it.

As for who Spurs get. I hope they get Crapello or Hoddle or some other dinosaur.
Even before the rumours, I think the evidence suggested he was not buying the players. His title was Head Coach and there was a Director of Football. At Chelsea and from what he has said, he tends to go for Portuguese or Brazilian players. Managers nearly always buy a key player from an old club ie Moyes-Feillani, Mancini-Balotelli etc. Managers tend to favour players they know from their own league. The signings instead came from teams AVB would not know about and the biggest transfer was Lamela who is connected to Baldini.

I would guess that the players AVB wanted were Moutinho, Hulk, Coentra and Oscar.

I think AVB needs some time off and when he does come back get back to basics.

His people skills seem limited and he appears very stubborn without the results/respect to back it up. Know Defoe is limited but it isn't working with Saldado and his team selection yesterday especially in midfield made Spurs completely ineffective, they were no good going forward and inept at the back.

I can see him getting a job I'm Spain or maybe back at Porto but I can't see him managing in England for a while

We all said he will be gone in the morning.

-- Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:10 pm --

Blue Hefner said:
I think AVB needs some time off and when he does come back get back to basics.

His people skills seem limited and he appears very stubborn without the results/respect to back it up. Know Defoe is limited but it isn't working with Saldado and his team selection yesterday especially in midfield made Spurs completely ineffective, they were no good going forward and inept at the back.

I can see him getting a job I'm Spain or maybe back at Porto but I can't see him managing in England for a while

AVB is finished at the top, he needs to start from the bottom again to rebuild him career like Steve McClaren. Take a hit and be humble about it.

Spuds fans on talkshite not too keen on Capello even though he is bookies favourite
Talking bookies someone had Suarez first scorer and 0-5, over30,000 grand won with Paddy Power

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Markt85 said:
deano ou812 said:
Capello favourite with the bookies for the job....

and he was at the game yesterday...

PLEASE BE HIM !!!

Apparently Big Fat Sam was also at the game.

PLEASE BE HIM !!!

Big Sam was spotted in the Burger King down Barking Road yesterday at 4. wasn't him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.