Away fans in home sections - Again!!!

They had scum everywhere in our ground last night. I was surrounded by them in 106. Restricting our view before kick off screaming Italian at their players warming up. Literally stood all over people towards the front.

The ones who did this were student types! Probably earning a living from our soft country. Absolutely fed up of City letting this happen and our naff stewards doing fuck all about it.

Granted, I had a chap next to me who was Juve and we had a good chat throughout the 90 mins about the game. Got no problem with that, it's greasy vermin who can't behave or keep their mouth shut in numbers, shouldn't be there!

No wonder we play so shit in Europe and can't get an atmosphere going. I'm never returning to a home European game for a long time after last night, our club is getting it wrong time and time again, they don't give a fuck about us. The amount of investment that's gone in to the footballing side of things as we as season ticket holders and paying fans get fuck all. Don't even get me started on the refreshments fiasco too, tried and failed to get a bottle of water at half time, could all be solved of they let you take one in the ground but no, it is a hazard haha don't make me fucking laugh.

Earning a living from our soft country? Yeah they are probably working their arse off for close to minimum wage while paying tax to this country and no doubt scraping together the rest to pay on rent and food. Dam those bastard for serving us coffee and bringing us food! And then they have the ducking cheek to go to a football match.

What was needed was a bit of common sense, a bit like we saw when Poznan visited.
Our fans couldn't be arsed so the official visitors were in the South Stand and UK based Poles were in EL3.
As Juve sold so few last night we should have had the visiting section of SS2 available to Juve fans who were UK based.

People complain if stewards do their job by kicking people for breaking rules, then people complain if they don't.

How about a cowardly "kick em out" chant?

This type of thread reminds me of the Blackadder episode when General Meltchett compares German spies (dirty, cowardly hun) and British spies (brave boys).

The next time we're playing a CL away fixture when its difficult to obtain tickets there'll be a thread on here devoted to how to get tickets in the away end.

It's 2015 not 1986, different if it's United or any premier league game but the Champions League crowds are pretty tame.

I attend these games but the crowd do not seem the same people who go to the Premiership games, I would say a good 15,000 miss the Champions League games and I would put this down to the extra expense. Another reason why the atmosphere is so poor, it's more of an event than a football match. 50,000 partisan home fans would help the team as the 12th man.

The problem will be if we ever get drawn against somebody like Celtic as they would swarm all over the Etihad.

The club are desperate to sell out to make the club look good for the world watching at home and I think the sales criteria is loosened somewhat.

I don't know what the answer is.

Reading the replies on here makes for interesting reading. I was in the South Stand Level Three and as has been previously mentioned it was a great mix of young and older obvious hardcore City fans with not a Juventus fan in sight when they scored. I wasn't aware of the problems in other areas of the ground?

When I collected my ticket yesterday the girls working the ticket office were very keen to 'grill' anyone who didn't offer a supporter number and unless they could find purchase history for previous games at the Etihad they weren't allowing tickets to be sold. Does make you wonder how so many Italians got in the home sections?

It's 2015 not 1986, different if it's United or any premier league game but the Champions League crowds are pretty tame.

I attend these games but the crowd do not seem the same people who go to the Premiership games, I would say a good 15,000 miss the Champions League games and I would put this down to the extra expense. Another reason why the atmosphere is so poor, it's more of an event than a football match. 50,000 partisan home fans would help the team as the 12th man.

The problem will be if we ever get drawn against somebody like Celtic as they would swarm all over the Etihad.

The club are desperate to sell out to make the club look good for the world watching at home and I think the sales criteria is loosened somewhat.

I don't know what the answer is.

It's definitely thousands of different fans at these games but that's a good thing to me. Personally it has never really bothered me as long as they are not clowning around. Where I used to sit in 242 we always had European fans for these games. A few cheered and jumped up when they scored and some just clapped. It never got aggressive on either side. I remember at Dortmund away, the fans went in the same turnstiles and shared the concourse and I didn't see any trouble there except between pissed up blues.

I have memories of Blackburn away when half of their stands were filled with City fans. Thanks god for a generous Blackburn ticket office then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.