Away support...get behind the team!!

cibaman said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
It's not just our away support is it.....?! Those there would have heard the Sunderland fans, constant chanting, in particular those to our left in the corner, and the whole ground got going towards the last 20 minutes when for some reason we got rattled.
We stood there, yep we stood again, so it will be 1600 tickets next season like the Rags and Dippers.
With the football being served up we should be cranking up the noise with constant chants, lets have some new ones as well, blue moon sends me to fookin sleep... Maybe that's it, we are all asleep or too pissed to bother..??!!
We don't travel away any more and make a constant noise, we have many visiting supporters at City who outsing us, as Delia said, 'Where are you, lets be avin you'??!!
Make a name for ourselves, be passionate, be vocal but most of all, be proud and supportive ffs.................

I was sat near the half way line and cant say that I heard that much singing from the Sunderland fans. When the away fans and the vocal home fans are near to each other, those in there get a distorted idea as to how much noise they're actually making.

They did make a fair bit of general noise near the end though, which I think creates a better atmosphere than singing. I thought that the City fans were fairly subdued but no more than a lot of away fans that I've observed at City.

-- Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:19 pm --

mcfc1894 said:
Too many of our fans are still obsessed with the 6-1. Now the songs are funny, but save them for the rags not the other 18 teams. At the arsenal home game a lad next to me was singing the it should've been 10 song and pointing to the arsenal fans, he did the same at stoke, and others at west brom and yesterday, pointed to the other teams support! Why point at them, what's it to do with them? Leave the united songs for Derby day, but for other games sing about city!

Yes, sitting with the Sunderland fans, they just thought that was bizarre, And it did come across as small time.

I didnt think it was too bad either. Not the best but not the worse, particularly for a New Years Day game after the night before. Sunderland like Eastlands had two sections either side of the away fans, but the rest of the ground was probably worse than eastlands. Fair play when they scored the roar was deafening.

Let's not kid ourselves too much about the 'new' fans. Since we moved to the new ground l've sat in the East Stand and North Stand and hardly anyone ever shouts and sings. It doesnt matter who we play, United, Liverpool ect.

You lazy fans need to open your mouths. You know who you are.

Mike N said:
Let's not kid ourselves too much about the 'new' fans. Since we moved to the new ground l've sat in the East Stand and North Stand and hardly anyone ever shouts and sings. It doesnt matter who we play, United, Liverpool ect.

You lazy fans need to open your mouths. You know who you are.

Its pretty easy to blame the 'new fans' the Umbro stand and Main stand many years ago were hardly a cauldron of noise.

bluebannana said:
i miss the old days were we would just sing, didnt go yesterday, but went against west brom and nobody was singing at all, not many regulars their and a lot of families their ( from what I could see) where were the young lads singing shaven headed mad people that we youst to have, not saying people who dont look like that dont sing, but the fact our away support was so different then usual

btw if the blue alliance were their I did not hear you

At the back next to the police control box. We sang non-stop, but nobody else seemed to want to join in. A bit of a bizarre atmosphere really.

I was sat in the posh seats, got invited through work, and it was quite disappointing. I put it down to a lot of hangovers and the fact that the on-pitch performance was poor.

One thing you used to be guaranteed at away matches was at least a decent atmosphere from our fans in the ground and in the pubs before. Last few have been noticeably flat even in the pubs before for me. Most surprising was the WBA game, thought with it being Xmas the atmosphere would be class and it was terrible. Maybe it's the tension of being at the top?

The cookie monster said:
Niall2407 said:
Not saying that this is the only reason of why we are so quiet away from home, but many 'new' fans seem to get tickets in the away end. My mate couldn't go and asked me to sell them on here. Managed to sell them for him in the end to a poster who had only been registered on this site since December 27th.
Whats that got to do with anything..

How many of the 36'000 season card holders are regulars on bluemoon?

He told me he lived in Whitley Bay and this was his 1st ever away game. Doubt he's a season ticket holder if he lives that far away, plus he doesn't drive.

Niall2407 said:
Not saying that this is the only reason of why we are so quiet away from home, but many 'new' fans seem to get tickets in the away end. My mate couldn't go and asked me to sell them on here. Managed to sell them for him in the end to a poster who had only been registered on this site since December 27th.

So fans are judged by when they registered on a footy forum now?

Damn....

Think I'm registered on a AFC Wimbledon forum about 10yrs ago, this makes me a loyal fan to them? even though I just registered to read comments about their club.

Guess I've only supported the club since a few yesrs ago whenever I re-registered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.