Away support...get behind the team!!

Manci7y said:
Watching the game in a Sunderland box today I thought our support was awful...

I know the team need to give us a reason to sing sometimes but we also need to get them going. I'm afraid we do only sing when we're winning.

Well put your prawn sandwich down, get your arse off your comfy seat and go join in then! ;)

RyantheBlue said:
Expectancy, in my opinion, is to blame.
Only games that atmospherically hit home these days are against the big sides or after a chain of events resulting in ecstasy, and even a single goal doesn't do that anymore, Wolves for example, where we scored 3 in 5 minutes was an example of an odd chain of events resulting in ecstasy.

I dont think its expectancy, more the fear that we will not win. I can think of a lot of games this year against similar opposition that have been too tense to enjoy until the points were in the bag: Swansea, Wolves, Norwich etc

cibaman said:
RyantheBlue said:
Expectancy, in my opinion, is to blame.
Only games that atmospherically hit home these days are against the big sides or after a chain of events resulting in ecstasy, and even a single goal doesn't do that anymore, Wolves for example, where we scored 3 in 5 minutes was an example of an odd chain of events resulting in ecstasy.

I dont think its expectancy, more the fear that we will not win. I can think of a lot of games this year against similar opposition that have been too tense to enjoy until the points were in the bag: Swansea, Wolves, Norwich etc

Yeah, not an unlikely reason either.

We need to get the singers together at away games so either
1) we ask the club to save the central areas of the seating for those that choose the rowdier, louder day out or
2) if they cannot do this then we have to reach agreement amongst ourselves that we sit where we want but this means that it will be first come first served and those who want to sing and be part of the core have to get in there early just like we see the overseas teams do. BUT the biggest problem with this is we dont want to have self claimed "singers" turning up just before kick off trying to get neat the centre and start fighting for seats. For this to work then our hard core will have to start foregoing a pint or two in the bar before the game and I am not sure we have enough who would do this?

lets face it we as fans dont sing that much, dont really have many songs and would rather moan than get behind the team- look at this forum just full of moaning ( kinda like myself now)

danebanksheik said:
We need to get the singers together at away games so either
1) we ask the club to save the central areas of the seating for those that choose the rowdier, louder day out or
2) if they cannot do this then we have to reach agreement amongst ourselves that we sit where we want but this means that it will be first come first served and those who want to sing and be part of the core have to get in there early just like we see the overseas teams do. BUT the biggest problem with this is we dont want to have self claimed "singers" turning up just before kick off trying to get neat the centre and start fighting for seats. For this to work then our hard core will have to start foregoing a pint or two in the bar before the game and I am not sure we have enough who would do this?

It looked like Bayern had something like this going where all their 'singers' were grouped together in the middle of their supporters - evident that that jumpy thing they kept doing was always started by the same fans in the middle.

Having said that though, we do seem have a few more people coming who just want to want to watch the attractive football rather than sing. I was stood away from the lads on my own yesterday, and the guy to my right had binoculars with him, and the guy to my left only joined in when the songs had clapping involved with them!

WNRH said:
It's the same as it is as home now.

exactly, its making games unbearable to go to now, Im not enjoying going to games now for the atmosphere like I youst to it's shit, yod have thought success would make the atmosphere better ?

bluebannana said:
WNRH said:
It's the same as it is as home now.

exactly, its making games unbearable to go to now, Im not enjoying going to games now for the atmosphere like I youst to it's shit, yod have thought success would make the atmosphere better ?

This is why this season is my last, can't afford it but would make cut backs elsewhere if i was enjoying it at the game.

It always seems pretty good to me when i watch it on the telly

i`v been a ST holder since the dark old days of 84 before anyone fuckin starts

there was a few times where the whole stadium went a bit quiet but overall you could here the City lads load and clear

You could hear a pin drop on the telly for most of the match rags v blackburn

well not actually on the telly..... the pin.... oh never mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.