Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good another post about the unfair loyalty points system, corporates, supporters clubs, blah blah blah.
I've just got back from Huddersfield having seen the same faces I see most games and the same faces I will see at Newcastle however no doubt will be empty seats a plenty cos those who plead it's 'so unfair will now moan it's a 'school night' so can't make it
Sorry for the forseitous post but I'm done to death with this subject end result being you will never find a solution to suit everyone because everyone has their own self interests at heart and as for points whores if you really believe those with 20000 plus points who've been to all the shit aways over the last decade have suddenly now decided when playing the best football we've seen in a decade to sack it all off to sit at home with a cuppa watching soccer Saturday whilst gleefully rubbing their hands at the 40 free points they've earnt then I guess you believe in the tooth fairy too

There not 100 extra tickets, as I now understand it City will give TC 180/200 tickets to guarantee they fill the plane. If you only have 2,000 points you make sure you get on TC's list early. The point I was making and I think Bill might have misunderstood, if 100 fans qualify and get tickets in their own right, will the 100 of the 180 allocated go back to the club for other City fans or will they be spirited away to other less deserving.
The first 180/200 who book on the flight get tickets, as long as they're ST holders on the CL scheme. That's the new rule.

So if there's 100 people who would have got tickets anyway there's potentially 80/100 tickets going to people who might not have qualified. But there might be people booking on the flight who know they will be guaranteed a ticket via a branch or club staff member. So TC don't need those tickets and can give them back to the club.

We will no doubt be monitoring the situation and if we can find a better solution we'll look at that.

Oh good another post about the unfair loyalty points system, corporates, supporters clubs, blah blah blah.
I've just got back from Huddersfield having seen the same faces I see most games and the same faces I will see at Newcastle however no doubt will be empty seats a plenty cos those who plead it's 'so unfair will now moan it's a 'school night' so can't make it
Sorry for the forseitous post but I'm done to death with this subject end result being you will never find a solution to suit everyone because everyone has their own self interests at heart and as for points whores if you really believe those with 20000 plus points who've been to all the shit aways over the last decade have suddenly now decided when playing the best football we've seen in a decade to sack it all off to sit at home with a cuppa watching soccer Saturday whilst gleefully rubbing their hands at the 40 free points they've earnt then I guess you believe in the tooth fairy too
facetious (one of the very few words to have all 5 vowels in alphabetical order. Abstemious being another). Surely worth 40 loyalty points for knowing this?

The first 180/200 who book on the flight get tickets, as long as they're ST holders on the CL scheme. That's the new rule.

So if there's 100 people who would have got tickets anyway there's potentially 80/100 tickets going to people who might not have qualified. But there might be people booking on the flight who know they will be guaranteed a ticket via a branch or club staff member. So TC don't need those tickets and can give them back to the club.

We will no doubt be monitoring the situation and if we can find a better solution we'll look at that.
Is this the case for the Schalke flight?

I agree with the majority of your post and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest as I don’t do them anymore but there are people who regularly sell their tickets. My lad went to 15 aways last season without the required points and bought his tickets off one so they do exist. He wasn’t the only one in his group either. I expect it’s a minority though.

Yup, more posts from those who go to all away games, see the same faces every week, and wonder what the problem is...
Problem clearly is that, given availability, we'd take twice as many away as we do now, so there has to be rationing, The way the club ration the tickets is to syphon off lots for corporates who really don't deserve them, and ration the rest to the same folk every week. Season ticket holders who have gone for the last 15 years have always been at the back of the queue for aways, and very rarely get a chance to buy them. No easy way to solve this, other than more tickets being available, but I do get annoyed by folk who are able to go every week denying there's a problem, because there really is...

Great post but do you agree with me that getting double points because you can afford £50 is wrong ? 10 aways gets you as many points as another Blue who does every league match away but is on Silver.

I agree platinum is wrong. Not because of the cost and affordability, but that loyalty shouldn't have to be bought, which is currently happening.

Like I say, there are plenty of games people can go to. Unfortunately in my view the people who moan are the people who want to go to the more glamorous, or local games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.