Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s about 13500 still on Platinum according to the club, which surprised me as I thought it would be less. That means it brings in £650k a year, which is just over 1% of our matchday revenue and around 0.1% of our overall revenue.

But the point is that nearly all those on Platinum are paying £50 for no benefit. Yes it's a tiny proportion of revenue so why is it still an option? It was always a poorly conceived idea so it should be scrapped at the end of the season. People that have had it will have seen their points total increase faster than those that didn't so no-one is disadvantaged.

But the point is that nearly all those on Platinum are paying £50 for no benefit. Yes it's a tiny proportion of revenue so why is it still an option? It was always a poorly conceived idea so it should be scrapped at the end of the season. People that have had it will have seen their points total increase faster than those that didn't so no-one is disadvantaged.

However, if you scrap it now and leave points untouched it will take even longer to catch up with those on more points.....

However, if you scrap it now and leave points untouched it will take even longer to catch up with those on more points.....

The fact is nobody is catching up currently so not really. The only way any replacement of existing big points holders who are committed to going to most away games is happening is through natural attrition. Obviously there are different views on that and mine is that as I have not been a heavy away match goer for years and gave up trying to boost my points when Platinum was introduced then others have more claim to away tickets than I do.

Great post but do you agree with me that getting double points because you can afford £50 is wrong ? 10 aways gets you as many points as another Blue who does every league match away but is on Silver.
Do people not understand there are many supporters that abhor the platinum payment but we're put in a situation that to maintain their points they had to pay it if they wanted to watch the away matches

Everybody on 20k+ points is on Platinum so all it means is they are getting further away.

It needs scrapping now.

The only way to catch up then though is to give double points to everyone otherwise you'll have to go to twice as many matches as those currently on more points than you!

There’s about 13500 still on Platinum according to the club, which surprised me as I thought it would be less. That means it brings in £650k a year, which is just over 1% of our matchday revenue and around 0.1% of our overall revenue.
For absolutely no benefit for about 12000 of those people. Basically wasting £50 a year on nothing.

I've never liked that Platinum Buying Points scheme. Just further separates those with more disposable income from those who can't justify paying it.

Something else worth doing would be give increased points for hard to fill games
Utd at home gets 10
Burton st home gets 100
That would fill the stadium and stop people ( the press ) going on about empty seats
My biggest issue with points is the people who buy to retain points and don't go . I am not sure how that can be stopped though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.