Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy this 'issue' with the system. Spurs, Lyon, Leicester in the cup, Cardiff, Saints, Newcastle, shaktar have all gone down to GS or to extremely low points.

Problem is some fans want to do the Everton Liverpool United, Burnley ETC. Well, if you've not got the points to do it like me, go to the others. I've only got 9k points, went Hoff, Shaktar, Spurs, Leicester Saints and Newcastle. Make the most of what you can get and stop moaning about not being able to go to Huddersfield.
Hoffenheim as well

If 100 qualify on their own points and book on the flight then there's no problem is there. There'll be 100 extra tickets for those applying via the normal channels.

What I didn't realise until recently that anyone who has an officially sourced ticket - via a branch, club staff or seasonal hospitality - can book on the TC flight. All of these will know they have a ticket before thry go on sale to SC holders.
That’s always been an issue.
In fact you don’t even have to be a seasoncard holder if you get it through those avenues then book TC before the mere mortals can.

I don't buy this 'issue' with the system. Spurs, Lyon, Leicester in the cup, Cardiff, Saints, Newcastle, shaktar have all gone down to GS or to extremely low points.

Problem is some fans want to do the Everton Liverpool United, Burnley ETC. Well, if you've not got the points to do it like me, go to the others. I've only got 9k points, went Hoff, Shaktar, Spurs, Leicester Saints and Newcastle. Make the most of what you can get and stop moaning about not being able to go to Huddersfield.
I totally agree with this & go to the lower point qualification games away below 12000 points which my son has. I also see a large number of the same older faces who I know in some cases at every away game. Done 7 aways (plus Lyon) which I am happy with this season so far. I know about the supporters clubs hospitality etc but that's life and obviously now being looked at. Finally I also agree get rid of Platinum & yes I do have it.

I'd be interested to know what proportion of supporters still have Platinum. I've never had it as in my view it's a disgrace and there are no benefits other than the fact that you are buying loyalty points. I suspect that for the vast majority who still have it's a waste of money as although their points are increasing they still will be falling further behind as the proportion of tickets going to loyalty points holders decreases. It's a nice little earner for the club as they don't have to offer anything tangible in return and there is no need to allot staff resources to it.

I'd be interested to know what proportion of supporters still have Platinum. I've never had it as in my view it's a disgrace and there are no benefits other than the fact that you are buying loyalty points. I suspect that for the vast majority who still have it's a waste of money as although their points are increasing they still will be falling further behind as the proportion of tickets going to loyalty points holders decreases. It's a nice little earner for the club as they don't have to offer anything tangible in return and there is no need to allot staff resources to it.

I binned it about 3/4 seasons ago. As a 26yo i would rather have £50x2 2 tickets for myself then try and catch the rabbit that is STs with 20k+ points. Itll never happen in my lifetime. I use Buy and sell pages and feed off scraps from the big dogs.

I think when it first came in you had to be on Platinum to use the ticket exchange scheme (Viagogo as it was then) which made it worthwhile for out of town supporters like me who have difficulty making midweek games and in passing the seasoncard to somebody else for games you can't make. Now that's not the case there's no point at all in having it if you're already too far back on the loyalty points to make away games.

There’s about 13500 still on Platinum according to the club, which surprised me as I thought it would be less. That means it brings in £650k a year, which is just over 1% of our matchday revenue and around 0.1% of our overall revenue.

It's fair that a certain large amount of tickets go to loyalty points but there should be a small amount for each game sold another way,either on a ballot or for me on sale at the ground on a Saturday morning. That way if you really want a ticket(say 500 on sale that way for each away) get off your arse early enough and queue for them like you could at Maine Road. The current system is a bit of a joke where you have points whores who just flog them every week. Fair play to the loyal older fans that always go and they shouldn't lose out but without getting them through other ways the younger fans have no chance and It's no wonder our away atmosphere gets worse by the year in general. Obviously the club won't be arsed to change it and are only botherdb by money so any corporate group who fancy a big away will always be sorted out.

for me on sale at the ground on a Saturday morning. That way if you really want a ticket(say 500 on sale that way for each away) get off your arse early enough and queue for them like you could at Maine Road.

That's alright if you live close to the stadium but discriminates against a fair few who already have to travel for every home game.

There’s about 13500 still on Platinum according to the club, which surprised me as I thought it would be less. That means it brings in £650k a year, which is just over 1% of our matchday revenue and around 0.1% of our overall revenue.

Those are mad numbers. Anyone still on it is a fool and literally pissing away £50 for a few extra Virtual points. This only benefits 5% of ST holders who go home, away and europe and battle to be first to get tickets. Yeah over time 380 points over 190 may make a difference as you jump a few hundred people each season, but its not worth £50. Maybe i just dont go to enough away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.