Ballon d'or 2013

blink922 said:
Well deserved, phenomenal player. Truly an honour being able to watch Messi and Ronaldo in their prime.
Exactly right ..right now it's amazing but it's not really going to soak in until Im in my grey hair days and I can say I saw them both in there prime

supercrystal7 said:
How about last year when Ronaldo led the team to a record points total and beat Barcelona? Ronaldo then was great in the Euros narrowly losing to Spain on penalties. Messi got knocked out in the group stages with Argentina. Yet Messi somehow won it.

There's never been much to separate the two, but Messi has nearly always played for a better team. The Barcelona team=Spain team which has won everything.

Messi got knocked out in the group stages of the Euros with Argentina?

You do talk some shite on here but you've excelled yourself in this instance.

have got to say tranny deserved it, last time i said that was in the final against chelsea- i said "if he scores tonight he should get it".

no one was close to tranny....only Bastian Schweinsteiger who didn t even get a mention which is strange? i rate him as one of the best..... thoughts?

citykev28 said:
supercrystal7 said:
How about last year when Ronaldo led the team to a record points total and beat Barcelona? Ronaldo then was great in the Euros narrowly losing to Spain on penalties. Messi got knocked out in the group stages with Argentina. Yet Messi somehow won it.

There's never been much to separate the two, but Messi has nearly always played for a better team. The Barcelona team=Spain team which has won everything.

Yeh I made a mistake they lost to Uruguay in their home tournament in the first round of knock outs, won one game and Messi scored no goals. Nothing was said. When it was time for world player of the year he won it again.

supercrystal7 said:
citykev28 said:
supercrystal7 said:

Yeh I made a mistake they lost to Uruguay in their home tournament in the first round of knock outs, won one game and Messi scored no goals. Nothing was said. When it was time for world player of the year he won it again.

That's possibly because the award is an individual one not a team one. Real Madrid got a big trophy for winning the league. Messi got his Ballon d'Or because he is quite simply a better player than Ronaldo.

citykev28 said:
supercrystal7 said:
citykev28 said:

That's possibly because the award is an individual one not a team one. Real Madrid got a big trophy for winning the league. Messi got his Ballon d'Or because he is quite simply a better player than Ronaldo.
Surely team success must be a factor in these awards. Failure to perform for the national team must also be taken into account. It's only in the last couple of years he has really started to shine for the national team. Failing to score on the 2010 world cup and the following Copa America despite playing for a multi talented Argentina is nearly always held against a player. It certainly was a factor for Ronaldinho in 2006. That apart Ronaldo was the better player in the big games and was the deciding factor in Madrid beating Barca more times than not. Last season for me Messi was better and should have finished higher than Ronaldo this year.

yakzson_ctid.Si said:
Apparently Ashley Young got the FIFA Fallon D'floor award and Torres just missed the Barn D'or award
He did, and here's the proof;

Bd4fMSiCcAA2Dxt.png:large

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.