Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Messi will win it because of the World Cup and the fact he's basically retiring now.

He shouldn't win it, because he's not been very good in any other competition but it's Messi and people will go with him anyway.

If we win the CL then Haaland deserves it more in my opinion. But City players won't get the recognition.
John Stones a close second.

Here lies the problem.
City voting will be split between Erling and Kevin.

Messi a shoe-in this year...
I love Kev but no way is he the best player in the world this year. He's not even been the best player at City.

If we're talking about Kev, we need to be talking about Gundogan. Or Rodri. Or Stones.

This Messi thing... my god people are obsessed.

They're not going to give it to someone, who's won it countless times, is off to tetirement football, who hasn't even been that good in the league, just because he won a world cup - out of sentiment!

Not when there have been better players. Many many better players.

Of course they fucking will. It is at the end of the day an award based on votes by numbers, based on opinion, sentinent, flavour of the month/year etc. People voting have previously admitted to voting Lewandowski or Benzema just to stop either Ronaldo or Messi getting it again. People can vote for whatever reason they fancy, including sentiment.

Here lies the problem.
City voting will be split between Erling and Kevin.

Messi a shoe-in this year...

Not really, people can vote for both. Up to 5 players, in order of preference. All 5 can be City players should they so wish.

Messi will win it because of the World Cup and the fact he's basically retiring now.

He shouldn't win it, because he's not been very good in any other competition but it's Messi and people will go with him anyway.

If we win the CL then Haaland deserves it more in my opinion. But City players won't get the recognition.
John Stones a close second.
Messi has been poor by his standards this season despite the WC. It has to be Kev or Haaland if we win the treble. He has won enough.

Not convinced it should be or will be messi. Kev or Erling for me, would prefer it to be kev.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.