Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

After Messi and Ronaldo, it could be that the three of Haaland, Mbappe and Vinicius Jr. would take turns winning this popularity contest. Hopefully, the Messi's move away from Europe might give the nod to Haaland this year, one year earlier than the schedule.

Suspect the narrative will be around Messi finally winning the World Cup, and all the sentimentality that brings.

Unless of course, Haaland scores 4 overhead kicks tomorrow in a 4-3 City win !

Surely, it’s time for one of our players to win it this year. Messi may have won the World Cup, but you can say the same for Alvarez who has now won the treble too. I’m really hoping Haaland gets it over Messi as realistically he is the only one that stands a chance

Messi will win it because of the World Cup and his numbers last season were still very impressive considering he's 35. Also, the fact that this is the last time he will realistically be up for the award will likely come in to it.

Haaland will probably win it at some point and even if he doesn't, I'm not sure he'll care that much. I think it's pretty obvious he values winning trophies above individual awards.

I feel like he would have had a better shot if he would have finished strongly, but he hasn’t had an impact goal in a while. He’s played very well, but assists don’t win it very often.

Last edited:
- Messi, besides the World Cup, also has 20 goals and 20 assists for his club (only stupid PSG fans boo the best-performing player on their team, they deserve their downfall).
And It's not just about the final products (goals and assists), he also often gets the highest rate in his team (both in the club and World Cup).

- At the club level, Haaland has had a better season, but not enough to bridge the gap with the World Cup. Especially in the biggest stage of the season (including 2 finals), he was not at his best and missed chances.

Next season, hopefully.

Haaland's potential 2023 Ballon d'Or is comparable to Cristiano's 2016 Ballon d'Or

• Did absolutley fuck all in UCL semi-finals & finaL
  • Was a complete non-factor in Euro 2016 after he got subbed out in 20th minute

I am a big critique of KDB, but it is definitely Kev's time. Todays injury has scarred everyone.

I am a big critique of KDB, but it is definitely Kev's time. Todays injury has scarred everyone.

KDB would sweep all awards & top-favorite to win 2023 Ballon d'Or by odds if it was Man City' best player, not Haaland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.