Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

marco said:
never a sending off but if we dont apeal he will receive a 3 match ban, people are actually missing the point by saying the rags will get him sent off etc 'so dont bother apealing' what happens if we dont apeal and tevez gets a knock in training or in the first 10 mins of the derby then we are short. its madness not to apeal even if mario is on the bench on wed

this is a very good point, I didn't think it was worthy a straight red, BUT can you really see the FA rescinding this? I really can't see 'em doing it, anyway isn't the rag chief exec on the panel for this? he'll never let it go through if he is!

We're appealing according to this. Sorry if posted, took 5 minutes to open the bloody page!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6493476,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 76,00.html</a>

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has confirmed the club will be appealing against Mario Balotelli's red card at West Brom.

The 20-year-old tasted the joy of football when he netted his first Premier League goals to put Mancini's side firmly on top at The Hawthorns.

But he was then given his marching orders on 63 minutes following a tangle with Youssouf Mulumbu in which he appeared to kick out at the West Brom player, who was also dismissed late on for a late challenge on Carlos Tevez.
But Mancini did not agree with straight red card shown to Balotelli - who had been booked just three minutes previously - and the City boss has been left wanting an explanation from referee Lee Probert.
"I absolutely do not agree with the referee about this sending-off," Mancini said.

"A red card for what? He played a fantastic game, he scored two goals, but the sending off was very strange.

"I want to know why it was a direct red card. For me this is not correct and the referee must explain."

Matter further

He confirmed City will be pursuing the matter further, with the City boss rejecting suggestions that the player may have kicked out at Mulumbu.

But he did admit to having a chat with Balotelli before the game about keeping calm and revealed he had been about to withdraw him from an increasingly tempestuous game when the sending-off occurred.

"I am angry because I explained to him before the game - pay attention with the referee," Mancini said.

"I wanted to change Adam Johnson for Mario, but I didn't have time to make the change."

Despite the sending off, Mancini was pleased with the result and return of skipper Carlos Tevez.

"Today we played a fantastic game - we played football very well, all the team," Mancini said.

"We scored two goals and we could have scored another two. For us, Carlos is very important up front. Today I am very happy with the result."

AlthamBlue said:
We're appealing according to this. Sorry if posted, took 5 minutes to open the bloody page!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6493476,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 76,00.html</a>

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has confirmed the club will be appealing against Mario Balotelli's red card at West Brom.

The 20-year-old tasted the joy of football when he netted his first Premier League goals to put Mancini's side firmly on top at The Hawthorns.

But he was then given his marching orders on 63 minutes following a tangle with Youssouf Mulumbu in which he appeared to kick out at the West Brom player, who was also dismissed late on for a late challenge on Carlos Tevez.
But Mancini did not agree with straight red card shown to Balotelli - who had been booked just three minutes previously - and the City boss has been left wanting an explanation from referee Lee Probert.
"I absolutely do not agree with the referee about this sending-off," Mancini said.

"A red card for what? He played a fantastic game, he scored two goals, but the sending off was very strange.

"I want to know why it was a direct red card. For me this is not correct and the referee must explain."

Matter further

He confirmed City will be pursuing the matter further, with the City boss rejecting suggestions that the player may have kicked out at Mulumbu.

But he did admit to having a chat with Balotelli before the game about keeping calm and revealed he had been about to withdraw him from an increasingly tempestuous game when the sending-off occurred.

"I am angry because I explained to him before the game - pay attention with the referee," Mancini said.

"I wanted to change Adam Johnson for Mario, but I didn't have time to make the change."

Despite the sending off, Mancini was pleased with the result and return of skipper Carlos Tevez.

"Today we played a fantastic game - we played football very well, all the team," Mancini said.

"We scored two goals and we could have scored another two. For us, Carlos is very important up front. Today I am very happy with the result."

Thank fuck for that!

Never ever a sending off!

charliebigspuds said:
marco said:
never a sending off but if we dont apeal he will receive a 3 match ban, people are actually missing the point by saying the rags will get him sent off etc 'so dont bother apealing' what happens if we dont apeal and tevez gets a knock in training or in the first 10 mins of the derby then we are short. its madness not to apeal even if mario is on the bench on wed

this is a very good point, I didn't think it was worthy a straight red, BUT can you really see the FA rescinding this? I really can't see 'em doing it, anyway isn't the rag chief exec on the panel for this? he'll never let it go through if he is!

if gill is on the panel i would have thought as his team is conected to the game that mario would either be baned from or eligible to play,he would have to be replaced 'if it works on a vote system' but then again its the FA and they move the goalposts as they se fit

Ballotelli is a Blue, is a Blue, is a Blue,
Ballotelli is a Blue, he hates, just about everyone by the look of it especially refs & west brom players.

Do you think this song will catch on?

(I didnt see it as a straight red but this lad is going to be singled out by opposion players & refs by the look of it)

1.618034 said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Just saw it again on the Last Word on Sky. Andy Gray thinks the ref got it wrong too...

Get an appeal in.

Like I said before, this is what we need... Media backing. These things are always played out in the press and he's got a very good case.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49835000/jpg/_49835522_balotellikick.jpg[/bigimg]

The ref can say he didn't see Mulumbu grab his leg...

Brilliant pic. I would have that as exhibit A.

Conclusive proof that his leg was forced down. Not even a yellow.

AlthamBlue said:

Matter further

Good on Mancini. Put the pressure on the FA. Don't let them get off easy with threats of extending a suspension.

If I've got this right...if we appeal then Balo can play v rags...win or lose.. as the case won't be decided on until Thursday. Correct?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.