Ballotelli

The Cranium said:
did a couple of nice things early, but was very average for the most part. I just don't understand Mancini taking off Ade and leaving this bloke on who was clearly struggling. This move as much as anything is going to create angst amongst the fan base.

the reason he took ade of and left balotelli on is because mancini knows balo well and knows what he can do and he KNOW'S he can change the games at the drop of a hat unlike ade.

-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:03 pm --

bakchod said:
Damocles said:
Mario is already the third best player in the world, behind Messi and Ronaldo, and he's only 20.

You haven't seen the best of him yet, please, I beg of all City fans, just give him some time and he will show you why. Every single person who has watched him regularly says the same; he is ridiculusly good.

Please don't take his first full game in 9 months after an injury to be the benchmark. Just give him some time. He's not Dickov workrate wise, but he's is certainly a fucking Cantona talent wise. Let the lad settle, and you will be rewarded with the greatest player you have seen.

I'm not one to get carried away with players (remember Tevez's first few games?) but this kid is a class apart. Please give him a chance before we start slating him.

hitting 40 yard shots with power doesnt make u 3rd best , he lacks will to fight for the ball and seems strolling some times.His similar attitude at inter when strolling even after coming at 75 min questions his attitude.Hope he changes here.

sorry mate but lacks will to win the ball what abaout when jarvis was running down the wing and balo chased him all the way and put in a superb tackle to win us the ball back and we went on the attack will BALOTELLI and he skined 2 players and passed to adam johnson who's cross was collected by the kepper. that is more defensive work that micha did all day tbh balo will come good and he chased down balls most of the game.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:11 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Damocles said:
As I said, there are a lot of guys opinion in this thread who I respect; all that I can say is that we will see where we all stand in January when everybody is used to the game. If I'm wrong about Balo (and I truly believe that I'm not!), I'll hold my hands up, but this kid can be a great for us.
I'm with you Damocles. I'll put my balls on the line alongside you.

me too

JoeMercer'sWay said:
slicky202 said:
why is this even being discussed everyone knows that he cant be judged for at least 4 months. if hes turd after that then you can start to ask questions

but leave him alone for a few months FFS!!

sorry but we don't have 4 months for him to come round, he has to by the derby 2bh, he hasn't got the luxury when we need results.

tough, if he hadnt been injured perhaps he would be firing on all cylinders by now. not his fault a the derby falls on his second game.

leave him alone and perhaps he will be here to rip the scum apart in derbys for years to come

[/quote]Ill take that bet and up the ante to £100. PM for details.

You lot are jokers, you judge a player off one game after MONTHS out injured??
Stop playing PS3 this is the real world even Messi has off days, Ronaldo was called
"shit" becuase he started slowing at Madrid now he is scoring 4 goals a game.
I think its because most had amped themselves up and expected some sort of
superman performance on his first game. I figured Bluemoon out now I think only
1% of posters actually know fuckall about football.[/quote]

you sir are amoung that 1%

Damocles said:
Mario is already the third best player in the world, behind Messi and Ronaldo, and he's only 20.

I'm sorry but that's laughable. He might well be a big talent but to suggest he's better than I don't know, World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and La Liga winning lynchpin Xavi is comical.

I won't judge him as a signing until he has had a good run to get fit and up to speed. What I will say though is that yesterday he came across as a very unlikeable young man. If he performs I'll forgive him being a dick but I'd rather see more intelligent and likeable chaps like Kompany in the team than the kind of cunts who belong at the swamp.

Brendan110_0 said:
Thought he had an ok game, blame the midfield for lack of bite.

This is our problem every week. Our midfield is too slow! The fact that in ten matches, Milner, De Jong, Toure and Barry have contributed 2 goals between them

masterwig said:
Damocles said:

I'm sorry but that's laughable. He might well be a big talent but to suggest he's better than I don't know, World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and La Liga winning lynchpin Xavi is comical.

I won't judge him as a signing until he has had a good run to get fit and up to speed. What I will say though is that yesterday he came across as a very unlikeable young man. If he performs I'll forgive him being a dick but I'd rather see more intelligent and likeable chaps like Kompany in the team than the kind of ***** who belong at the swamp.

exactly. Balotelli may have a world class natural talent(you can dispute the 3rd best, I haven't seen anything to suggest it) but to say he is the 3rd best player in the world is frankly ludicrous and disrespectful to truly top class players like Xavi, Iniesta, Rooney, Tevez, Drogba who have delivered time and time again and have won individual acclaim as well as almost single handedly delivered for their teams. Balotelli has done hardly anything, and may have a talent, but is nowhere near them in application, attitude, consistency, form, history, any of it. It's very ignorant to suggest him being anything than an unproven talent.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Thought he had an ok game, blame the midfield for lack of bite.

This is our problem every week. Our midfield is too slow! The fact that in ten matches, Milner, De Jong, Toure and Barry have contributed 2 goals between them

our attack is based around tevez's style of play, that is plain for all to see. but AJ should have started he would of been a threat because Ade up top on his own is easily dealt with if you ask me. and as for super mario getting the blame, well thats a joke.

Bet there is a thread just like this about Tevez from little more than a year ago.

Agreed that it is embarrassing. There is a possibility Balotelli will flop and flop badly in England. But there is just as much possibility of him becoming a monster. In the end, it all depends on his mentality as he has as much natural talent as anyone.

citymad said:
Wouldnt it be great to have the power to just go up to this fella and say if you play like that again you can f**k off back to Italy. After that game I'd love to sack him. Knee jerk I know but Im fucked off with these prima donnas taking us for a ride. Never seen a worst debut in my life....and still stay on the field.
you are an embarrassment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.