Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

RandomJ said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
If that is really your thoughts then you have no idea on positional sense of a football match. If it was going wide he would of been there to knock it in. That is good positional play.

Haven't you seen the wankfest for Hernandez?

Yes except it WASNT going wide and the defender was trying to stop it going in not stop Balo from getting to it. I know your trying to link every tiny insignificant thing Balo did on the pitch to show thats why we won but he had fuck all to do with this goal.
A simple 'No I don't understand or appreciate positional anticipation play' would of sufficed.

No ones saying sell him. People just need to get it though their heads that he is not the second coming and he is not a world class player yet and need to stop hero worshipping him when he has done nothing to deserve it that is all.

I thought he had a good game today, what some see as lazy, I see as conserving effort for when it matters, he put in enough for me today, leading the line alone is a tough job, he gave West Ham a lot of trouble. The miss after Silva tried to give him a goal was near impossible as 3 West Ham were on the line by the time he got it, Silva however should have scored 1 on 1 with Green, instead of passing.

cleavers said:
I thought he had a good game today, what some see as lazy, I see as conserving effort for when it matters, he put in enough for me today, leading the line alone is a tough job, he gave West Ham a lot of trouble. The miss after Silva tried to give him a goal was near impossible as 3 West Ham were on the line by the time he got it, Silva however should have scored 1 on 1 with Green, instead of passing.

yep, got in some brilliant positions today too and the defense couldn't keep hold of him at all. on another day he could easily have had a hattrick

Nelly's Left Foot said:
adrianr said:
Common sense combined with a little patience and forethought too. No-one else in the league has a striker in their team with as much potential as Balotelli. No-one. I'd argue no-one else has anyone who provides such a constant source of entertainment either, but that's an argument for another thread :p

There was a topic on here not too long ago that summed it up perfectly for me. If you don't like Balotelli, would you be happy to see him sold to one of our immediate rivals? Because I sure as shit wouldn't.

Much as it pains me but what about Hernadez?

Nothing like the potential of Balo IMO, in fact id probably say he's already about hit his peak in his first season. He's a great goal poacher, but id put my nuts on the line and say that's all he'll ever be. Balo could become one of the best strikers in the world, not just a very good goal poacher.

The OP is disgusting and completely completely ridiculous.

Balotelli ran his arse off today, he made run after run after run and if anyone knows the game you could see him dropping back into midfield all the time to prevent West Ham playing an easy ball. His problem today was that our midfield was so pedestrian and slow after that first 20 minutes that no one gave him the fucking ball. Silva would be absolutely ideal to play just behind Mario but including Toure, Barry and De Jong means he spends most of his time coming in from the left. Balotelli was very unlucky with the one that crashed against the bar and with the second one I think he was trying to make too sure by rolling it in the corner when he should have just fucking plastered it through the defenders. All in all it was a very complete display from Super Mario, just missing a goal but that will come. To play as a lone striker for a potential Top 4 club (fingers crossed) as a 20 year old in his first season in the Premiership is some going whether he cost £24m or 24p. People who think Mario is lazy need to watch him more closely, his movement is incredible.

fatbloke said:

Balotelli ran his arse off today, he made run after run after run and if anyone knows the game you could see him dropping back into midfield all the time to prevent West Ham playing an easy ball. His problem today was that our midfield was so pedestrian and slow after that first 20 minutes that no one gave him the fucking ball. Silva would be absolutely ideal to play just behind Mario but including Toure, Barry and De Jong means he spends most of his time coming in from the left. Balotelli was very unlucky with the one that crashed against the bar and with the second one I think he was trying to make too sure by rolling it in the corner when he should have just fucking plastered it through the defenders. All in all it was a very complete display from Super Mario, just missing a goal but that will come. To play as a lone striker for a potential Top 4 club (fingers crossed) as a 20 year old in his first season in the Premiership is some going whether he cost £24m or 24p. People who think Mario is lazy need to watch him more closely, his movement is incredible.
good post mate

Where do you stand?

The Mario Balotelli question.

Among us, there are people who will always have it in for Balotelli simply because they dislike him as an individual and his caricature of the modern, petulant, millionaire footballer.

Regardless of how well he does or doesn't do in a City shirt these people will always have it in for him by virtue of the fact they can't get past their pathetic dislike of him as an individual.

So as a result, he plays well - they're nowhere to be seen and we're blessed with their absence.

He's indifferent, fails to score, or just fails to smile - they're out in their droves, foaming at the mouth calling for his head on a platter.

Pathetic and embarrassing.

What you see is what you get with Balotelli. He's immature, petulant, and brash. He's also supremely naturally talented, a graceful footballer with great balance and technique while being blessed with the touch of a natural goalscorer.

We, the fans, will make or break Balotelli. He has a fragile temperament, and despite the...<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 am --<br /><br />... appearance he attempts to convey, I genuinely believe he needs the confidence we could breathe into him, he simply needs our support. He isn't beyond criticism, but he must feel that recognition and backing from us.

Patience, that's all we need.

We can all reap the rewards. You simply have to ask yourself the following question;

Do you, personally, want to contribute to;

A - breaking Mario Balotelli

or

B - making him?

Clearly some are determined to break him, which personally I simply find rather sad, besides being particularly short-sighted and downright fucking stupid.

So, those who are on the fence, ask yourself where you stand. Are you willing to demonstrate all the qualities we as blues have had to show in abundance over the years and apply them to this enigmatic young footballer?

He shall repay our faith and patience.

We mustn't allow him to be the one that got away.

StretfordBlueInCork said:
fatbloke said:

good post mate
Agreed, he ended up quite frustrated, and I don't blame him, because I felt much the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.